Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninov_n Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

EPR tool compatibility issues

Hello, I came across an issue with removing McAfee from a Server 2012 R2 Core x64 Edition. So far I could not find anything confirming it but I see most of the products support Server Core editions so it should be the same for the removal tool I suppose. I run it via commands listed in the product guide but it does not show any progress or errors. Any ideas? Can you please point me to a supported environments article or confirm if it is compatible?
In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
1 Reply
Highlighted
GA
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: EPR tool compatibility issues

1. Did you check whether the tool generate a log file " C:\Windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs\EPR.log" and its content?

2. Also did you check the windows event logs for any events in regards of the execution of the tool or its failure? 

get-eventlog -list
get-eventlog [log name]

Example:

get-eventlog Application

You can also filter the list to just show a particular type of entry such as errors or warnings.

get-eventlog System -after (get-date).addhours(-1) | where Entrytype -eq Error

3. Did you try to deploy and execute it via ePO?

4. What switches did you use?

5. Did you include --accepteula?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community