cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EEDK Exit - Not updating EPO

I am having an issue with my EEDK package, everything executes and the Agent shows a success however EPO always just shows Pending status.  However if I set the exit code to 1, EPO does show a failure.

Does anyone see any issues with this?

@ECHO OFF

:: PushD
pushd "%~dp0"

:: Get software package source directory and set as variable SRCDIR
SET SRCDIR=
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('cd') do @set SRCDIR=%%a

:: Run Task...
%comspec% /c %windir%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File "%SRCDIR%\RUNME.ps1"

Exit /B 0
8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: EEDK Exit - Not updating EPO

I take it no one really uses these forums anymore?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 9

Hello,

Actually there are lots of McAfee employess and business users active in this community but probably no one answered since it is not in the correct section for ePO.

I have some experience with eedk packaging tool but I will need additional information like:

1. What file format you use for that script to deploy and execute?

2. Where do you see pending status - for the deployment task?

3. Do you use any additional switches when executing it or creating the package itself?

Usually the pending status means that it was delivered to a machine and it is unpackaging so it can be executed. Not sure but it seems like the script goes to a loop and never reports back the status at the end.

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
Highlighted

1. What file format you use for that script to deploy and execute?

I am not sure I fully understand this question.  The main script is a batch which makes a call to a powershell script.  Both execute fully and within the client I see a success and task release.

2. Where do you see pending status - for the deployment task?

The pending status is within the 'Product Deployment' section of the EPO server.

3. Do you use any additional switches when executing it or creating the package itself?

No switches are used in any of the scripts.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

In case you script executes without error on a particular machine, I do not se a reason the deployment task to fail. Show me your EEDK configuration for the package you deploy:

EEDKEEDK

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
Highlighted

EEDK.JPG

The packages themselves never fail they just never show Successful, but if I change the exit on the batch to "Exit /B 1" they do show as failed in EPO.

Highlighted

Also I am not sure if you are the person I spoke to today but I would be happy to perform a remote session tomorrow so you can see everything first hand.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Probably you talked to someone else.

I would suggest you to try using another type of executable. I have previously tested with .exe files and they work fine - not sure about .bat or .cmd ones.

This is for example the package of old EPR tool:

EEDK EPREEDK EPR

Nino
Highlighted

Well that could possibly work but I don't have any EXEs to deploy.  These are scripts to execute registry modifications or configure things.  Deploying EXEs would not help any.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community