cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

site advisor and google chrome

Jump to solution

hello

can site advisor plugin be installed automatically on google chrome via epo??

Thanks

A.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: site advisor and google chrome

Jump to solution

To support Chrome, use SAE 3.5 patch 3 and HF1015409. Chrome no longer allows third party installed extensions to run. To allow SAE to work in current versions of Chrome, the SAE extension for Chrome is hosted on the Google Play store.

Chrome requires the end user to activate any new extension. This cannot be controlled through ePO.

KB77685 shows how to use the Google Chrome administrative template in active directory group policy management. You can configure Chrome to force enable the SAE extension.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mbagheryan
Level 12

Jump to solution

No

0 Kudos
o.morel
Level 9

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Daniel_S
Level 12

Jump to solution

Sure you can deploy it automatically and it will be active in Chrome. Using it here in the company myself. Just be sure to have the latest release and hotfixes in your repository prior to deployment.

Then just set up an new deploymenttask for SAE.

Regards

Dan

Best regards
Dan
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello Dan

can you please tell us the version you are using as well as the epo version?

Also, while creating a deployment task will the plugin be installef automatically on chrome or it somehow does need a manula activation??

I tried with an epo 4.6.4 the deployment was successful on ie and mozilla but not on chrome because only plugin from the chrome store are allowed..

Thank you

0 Kudos
Daniel_S
Level 12

Jump to solution

These are the SAE products checked in:

Unbenannt.JPG

The latest Hotfix should solve your problem with installation. To be honest I´m not 100% sure if i had to activate SAE in Chrome...

My ePO Version is 5.1.1 latest Hotfix not applied.

Chrome is 43.02357.81 m and SAE fully integrated:

Unbenannt.JPG

Regards

Dan

Best regards
Dan
0 Kudos
Daniel_S
Level 12

Jump to solution

Okay, so now i uninstalled SAE from my system to check if it installs in chrome.

And what should i say: no integration or installation in chrome at all. But it was definetely running as my screenshots show and was deployed through ePO.

Best regards
Dan
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

To support Chrome, use SAE 3.5 patch 3 and HF1015409. Chrome no longer allows third party installed extensions to run. To allow SAE to work in current versions of Chrome, the SAE extension for Chrome is hosted on the Google Play store.

Chrome requires the end user to activate any new extension. This cannot be controlled through ePO.

KB77685 shows how to use the Google Chrome administrative template in active directory group policy management. You can configure Chrome to force enable the SAE extension.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

thank you for your help.

I'll definitely try this out because installing the plugin manually on workstations will be a time-consuming process.

0 Kudos