cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stickman
Level 12

after site advisor update more sites being blocked

After the Site Advisor update more websites are being blocked. How can I change the level of websites being blocked?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
stickman
Level 12

Re: after site advisor update more sites being blocked

Any feedback on this? I changed zero protection to allow mode and enabled observe mode because too many site were being blocked. The level of sites being blocked was not this high before update.

0 Kudos
stickman
Level 12

Also lots of sites on the internal network are being blocked, how do I allow local addresses? Found the option: "Private IP range" which can be allowed, does this mean all addresses in this range would be allowed and not blocked by Site Advisor.

Message was edited by: minion on 9/3/13 9:24:30 AM CDT
0 Kudos
derekb
Level 7

I would block the URL (gateway.siteadvisor.com) at your web proxy and then change the policy to "stand down" SAE when on internal network.

McAfee SAE Product Guide 3.5.0

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/23000/PD23522/en_US/... page 25

0 Kudos
stickman
Level 12

Yes I've been considering that, is that the Web gateway interlock option?

0 Kudos
derekb
Level 7

Yes, if you you have a network web proxy then you need to let it do the work rather than host/endpoint product.  Some people like to turn both on but my opinion you have more operational/administrative overhead. 

0 Kudos
stickman
Level 12

Ok i switched it on..

If SiteAdvisor detects that your organization enforces traffic through a web gateway, it stands-down from its enforcement and site rating operations.                   

I didnt tick this one:

These options allow SiteAdvisor to determine if the client is protected by a web gateway. It is recommended that you configure both conditions.                   

And then ticked this one, left the other fields blank:

0 Kudos
stickman
Level 12

Is it fine like that? I attached screeshot rather than the copy and paste above

Message was edited by: minion on 9/5/13 6:34:11 AM CDT
0 Kudos
stickman
Level 12

And quick question, must zero day protection be set to block again and observe mode unticked?

0 Kudos
stickman
Level 12

any answer on this? "And quick question, must zero day protection be set to block again and observe mode unticked?"

0 Kudos