Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 13

after site advisor update more sites being blocked

After the Site Advisor update more websites are being blocked. How can I change the level of websites being blocked?

12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: after site advisor update more sites being blocked

Any feedback on this? I changed zero protection to allow mode and enabled observe mode because too many site were being blocked. The level of sites being blocked was not this high before update.

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 3 of 13

Also lots of sites on the internal network are being blocked, how do I allow local addresses? Found the option: "Private IP range" which can be allowed, does this mean all addresses in this range would be allowed and not blocked by Site Advisor.

Message was edited by: minion on 9/3/13 9:24:30 AM CDT
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 4 of 13

I would block the URL (gateway.siteadvisor.com) at your web proxy and then change the policy to "stand down" SAE when on internal network.

McAfee SAE Product Guide 3.5.0

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/23000/PD23522/en_US/... page 25

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 5 of 13

Yes I've been considering that, is that the Web gateway interlock option?

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 6 of 13

Yes, if you you have a network web proxy then you need to let it do the work rather than host/endpoint product.  Some people like to turn both on but my opinion you have more operational/administrative overhead. 

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 7 of 13

Ok i switched it on..

If SiteAdvisor detects that your organization enforces traffic through a web gateway, it stands-down from its enforcement and site rating operations.                   

I didnt tick this one:

These options allow SiteAdvisor to determine if the client is protected by a web gateway. It is recommended that you configure both conditions.                   

And then ticked this one, left the other fields blank:

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 8 of 13

Is it fine like that? I attached screeshot rather than the copy and paste above

Message was edited by: minion on 9/5/13 6:34:11 AM CDT
Highlighted
Level 12
Message 9 of 13

And quick question, must zero day protection be set to block again and observe mode unticked?

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 10 of 13

any answer on this? "And quick question, must zero day protection be set to block again and observe mode unticked?"

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community