cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bshirish
Level 7

Unable to Uninstall SAE 3.5 from client systems

Hello All,

We are planing to deploy SAE 3.5.0.573 now we are facing problem on 3 systems windows xp and windows 7 accordingly.

On those systems SAE 3.5 service crashes and unable to start and same is unable to uninstall from add/remove as well from command also.

it will give an error while removal Error:1921 You don't have sufficient privilege even though I loged in as Administrator.

So please give me concrete solution for the same.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
11 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Unable to Uninstall SAE 3.5 from client systems

Moved from Home/SiteAdvisor to SiteAdvisor Enterprise for better attention.

0 Kudos
bshirish
Level 7

Re: Unable to Uninstall SAE 3.5 from client systems

Its SAE 3.5 Enterprise version only.

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

Re: Unable to Uninstall SAE 3.5 from client systems

Sounds like you have policy to protect the McAfee files and processes. Why dont you uninstall it via an ePo task? that has worked for me without issue.

Or send a policy from ePo that dosnt protect itself (obviously be careful with such a policy)

0 Kudos
bshirish
Level 7

Re: Unable to Uninstall SAE 3.5 from client systems

Hello Pierce,

I already tried the same but not working  for me!

any other suggestion please.

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

Re: Unable to Uninstall SAE 3.5 from client systems

what didnt work?

Assigning policies to disable protection of mcafee files (you may also have to do this in HIPS and VSE)

Assigning an uninstall task to remove this software (or ePO 4.6 removing it via a run client now task)

If neither of those work have a google for manual removal instructions on the mcafee knowledge base, there might be something in there?

Or log a support ticket see if mcafee can assist.

0 Kudos
David.G
Level 7

Re: Unable to Uninstall SAE 3.5 from client systems

I have the exact same problem and would appreciate an effective response.

We have tried removing the SAE from the local client, this failed with the same pop-up messages about missing rights (I'm admin on the machine AND have disable the Access Protection).

I've tried pushing an updated version of the product lovally and via ePO, both failed.

I've pushed a removal task from ePO, it also failed.

The agent log shows the following:

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 6:13:47 AM

Info

Updater

Can't get uninstall command from plug-in area.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 6:13:47 AM

Info

Updater

Verifying SiteAdvisorDet-3.5.0.1204.1.McS.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 6:13:48 AM

Info

Updater

Verifying SiteAdvisorDet-3.5.0.1204.1.McS.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 6:13:48 AM

Info

Updater

Uninstalling SITEADV_3500.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 6:14:40 AM

Info

Updater

Error occurred while uninstalling SITEADV_3500.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 6:14:40 AM

Info

Updater

Checking for software conflicts.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 6:14:40 AM

Info

Updater

Update Finished

Other than a manual removal (delete files, remove registry, etc...) I don't see any other "clean" option.

Anyone else has any other suggestion before I go down that road?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
bshirish
Level 7

Re: Unable to Uninstall SAE 3.5 from client systems

Please log ticket with support they will provide you SDAT tool for SAE removal from epo.

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

Re: Unable to Uninstall SAE 3.5 from client systems

What version is installed and what version are you using to send an uninstall task?

I ask because we have a few systems on 3.5.1204 and I sent an uninstall task with the version below that and it kept failing.

0 Kudos
David.G
Level 7

Re: Unable to Uninstall SAE 3.5 from client systems

bshirish, I will end up opening a support ticket if I can't find any viable solution. Support experience (over the last 10 years) has been rather painful...

Pierce, you bring up a good point, as in ePO I just checked in the lastest version (3.5 P2) and the client runs the older 3.5, no patch. The initial goal was to update it to the latest version and bypass patch 1 installation failure. This obviously didn't work either; I'm assuming due to some file corruption in the original version of 3.5.

I guess I could try checking into ePO the older version in the "previous" branch and attempt another uninstall through managed tasks but my hopes are very low on that front since the original uninstall attempts have all failed.

For additional info, this is the only client machine that exhibit this problem, out of 1500+ clients. The original problem is a repetitive prompt to reboot system to complete patch 1 install (several times a day, regardless of reboot).

I will keep trying (this is of course an important client) and will update post if progress is made. Other suggestions still welcome.

Thanks.

0 Kudos