cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Siteadvisor has a Problem with IE10 in Win7

The really sad part is that McAfee has said they won't have a fix for this until Q3 of this year, sometime in the fall, yet Microsoft released the beta of Windows 8.1 with IE 11 in it back on June 26th, 2013.  The final release of that is rumored to be fall of this year.  So basically, Microsoft will have released IE 11 before McAfee has a fix for IE10.  At this stage of the game you have to ask yourself, really, what's the point?  If McAfee is two version behind Microsoft what kind of security can we realistically expect them to be offering? 

I use McAfee at my full time job as Network Admin because my boss insists on it, and there's nothing I can do to convince her otherwise (I've tried).  But when I took a second job at a big box store as a PC tech/sales associate everyone in the store (including myself) urged customers to stay away from McAfee, telling them that they would be better protected with nothing on their PC than to go with McAfee because of the false sense of security it provides.  I worked there for over a year and not once did I let a customer leave the store with a copy of McAfee.  We always pushed other things like Norton, Kaspersky, or Sophos.

So, since there is no fix for IE 10, it looks like I'll be upgrading to IE 11 before McAfee gets off their asses and releases that fix!

Highlighted

Hi,

I notice that the KB78225 was updated regarding IE10 and Windows 7 last week to suggest new hotfixes are now available:

Script error: Unable to get property style of undefined or null reference (reported on systems with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 10)

https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/templatepage.aspx?sURL=3&pl=0

Links to the Hotfixes:

SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5 Patch 1 Hotfix 874811

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79564

SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5 Patch 2 Hotfix 907783

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79563

Haven't tried these myself as yet, so can't report on whether they actually work.

Regards

Iain.

Highlighted

Not sure what SiteAdvisor is but I use McAfee SAAS(TPS) and was having issues with the firewall on server not letting DHCP requests through.  While working with tech (no) support, on that issue, I was told that the Firewall is not comaptible with IE 10.  He was not able to give me a date when it would.  Now I know why I have had such issues using IE 10 on the workstations.  I just though it was the incompatibility with websites.  Just thought I would share and say way to go McAfee for not being a leader and loosing a loyal customer who always steered people to use your product.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community