Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pierce
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 24

Re: SiteAdvisor Enterprise patch 1

Its working on chrome 22 for me without issue, now trying to get a firefox install to test with...

richardw1972
Not applicable
Message 12 of 24

Firefox 15 not working at all..

Will try Chrome a bit later on.

pierce
Not applicable
Message 13 of 24

Ignore me, I have just realised it hasnt actually update at all. still shows old number.

thats by using the upgrade task (from 3.5) ill try a remove and re-install now see if that takes.

pierce
Not applicable
Message 14 of 24

firefox 15.0.1 works for me.

I had to manually download the install files to get the thing to actually install... but after that a one or two restarts of each browser the plugin is loaded and providing colour coding in top right as you visit sites and in the google search results.

Check in your agent about screen to see what version you are running.

3.5.0.573 = old one

3.5.0.724 = new one

richardw1972
Not applicable
Message 15 of 24

Not working for me. It installs fine via EPO, as advertised. On my PC, McAfee Agent - About tells me I've got patch 1 installed.

Opened Firefox (15.0.1) - no sign of the SiteAdvisor tool, top right. Went into Tools - Add-ons - Plugins and there it is, enabled, listed as 3.5.0.724. But if I go into Extensions, there's something called IDS_SS_NAME IDS_SS_VERSION. it is disabled. If I enable it and restart Firefox, I get the SiteAdvisor tool but it's greyed out and none of the drop-down options work. If I click it several times, I get "Plugin Container for Firefox has stopped working".

Then I opened IE, just to check... same thing. All options greyed out, whichever site I visit. Great!

Hmmm.

brentil
Not applicable
Message 16 of 24

Check to see if the SiteAdvisor service is running.  If it failed to start post upgrade it can cause these symptoms.

richardw1972
Not applicable
Message 17 of 24

Yep, service running fine.

brentil
Not applicable
Message 18 of 24

Have you tried rebooting as well?

richardw1972
Not applicable
Message 19 of 24

First thing I tried!

ottow
Not applicable
Message 20 of 24

I have the same issue with SAE 3.5 Patch 1. Works fine in IE 8 and Chrome 22, but does not show up in FF 15.01.

I too have the extension called IDS_SS_NAME IDS_SS_VERSION in FF, it appears that if I disable it SAE starts working. Seems like the patching does not work 100%.

Any ideas?

Otto

Message was edited by: ottow on 10/11/12 5:07:04 AM CDT
McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.