Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardw1972
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 24

SiteAdvisor Enterprise patch 1

Hi, just trying to find out if there is a release date for SiteAdvisor Enterprise patch 1 (the one that is supposed to be compatible with later versions of Firefox).

It's mentioned here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51244

Thanks.

23 Replies
pricebri
Not applicable
Message 2 of 24

Re: SiteAdvisor Enterprise patch 1

Very frustrating.  McAfee has been promising a fix in Patch 1 for the woeful support of Firefox since August of 2011, supposedly in early 2012 ( https://community.mcafee.com/thread/34709 ).  Here we are 9 months later and nothing, they can't even bother to respond to a support forum post with projected release dates.  I struggle how I can continute to reccomend a security product that is so slow in responding and protecting users. 

Message was edited by: pricebri on 5/23/12 10:52:19 AM CDT
richardw1972
Not applicable
Message 3 of 24

I had this email from them at the start of April. It took me the best part of a day's telephone calls and email just to get THIS. Truly awful customer service - and as you rightly point out, ridiculously slow to come up with Firefox support. We'll see what happens. My guess - nothing.

We apologise for thedelay of answer on this query.

Siteadvisor 3.5, patch 1will be released in May/June. Unfortunately we are not able to provide you anymore concrete date for the release.

brentil
Not applicable
Message 4 of 24

In researching this I've found two new KB articles relating to MSAE+ 3.5 Patch 1.

• SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5 Patch 1 Known Issues - KB75184 - Last Modified July 30th
  • SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5 Patch 1 Resolved Issues - KB75723 - Last Modified July 12th

According to the Known Issues "Release to Support (RTS):  May 31, 2012" and "Release to World (RTW): " with the date being blank.

beachya
Not applicable
Message 5 of 24

I was just told the patch releases tomorrow September 6, 2012.

richardw1972
Not applicable
Message 6 of 24

Ha! I'll believe it when  see it.

I went into software downloads just now - it's not there yet. Imagine my surprise!

pierce
Not applicable
Message 7 of 24

Im deepy shocked to report its not in my software manager either...........

Im pretty sure I have been told its 'next week' for at least a month or two now. The last I heard it was in RTS 'mode'....

richardw1972
Not applicable
Message 8 of 24

It's there! Hard to believe, but it's there...

pierce
Not applicable
Message 9 of 24

wow... I cant believe it either! Lets see how long until its pulled and then re-published....

richardw1972
Not applicable
Message 10 of 24

Supported versions of browsers:

Firefox - 12.

Chrome - 17.

WELL DONE MCAFEE. BRILLIANT.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.