cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardw1972
Level 7

SiteAdvisor Enterprise patch 1

Hi, just trying to find out if there is a release date for SiteAdvisor Enterprise patch 1 (the one that is supposed to be compatible with later versions of Firefox).

It's mentioned here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51244

Thanks.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
pricebri
Level 7

Re: SiteAdvisor Enterprise patch 1

Very frustrating.  McAfee has been promising a fix in Patch 1 for the woeful support of Firefox since August of 2011, supposedly in early 2012 ( https://community.mcafee.com/thread/34709 ).  Here we are 9 months later and nothing, they can't even bother to respond to a support forum post with projected release dates.  I struggle how I can continute to reccomend a security product that is so slow in responding and protecting users. 

Message was edited by: pricebri on 5/23/12 10:52:19 AM CDT
0 Kudos
richardw1972
Level 7

I had this email from them at the start of April. It took me the best part of a day's telephone calls and email just to get THIS. Truly awful customer service - and as you rightly point out, ridiculously slow to come up with Firefox support. We'll see what happens. My guess - nothing.

We apologise for thedelay of answer on this query.

Siteadvisor 3.5, patch 1will be released in May/June. Unfortunately we are not able to provide you anymore concrete date for the release.

0 Kudos
brentil
Level 12

In researching this I've found two new KB articles relating to MSAE+ 3.5 Patch 1.

• SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5 Patch 1 Known Issues - KB75184 - Last Modified July 30th
  • SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5 Patch 1 Resolved Issues - KB75723 - Last Modified July 12th

According to the Known Issues "Release to Support (RTS):  May 31, 2012" and "Release to World (RTW): " with the date being blank.

0 Kudos
beachya
Level 7

I was just told the patch releases tomorrow September 6, 2012.

0 Kudos
richardw1972
Level 7

Ha! I'll believe it when  see it.

I went into software downloads just now - it's not there yet. Imagine my surprise!

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

Im deepy shocked to report its not in my software manager either...........

Im pretty sure I have been told its 'next week' for at least a month or two now. The last I heard it was in RTS 'mode'....

0 Kudos
richardw1972
Level 7

It's there! Hard to believe, but it's there...

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

wow... I cant believe it either! Lets see how long until its pulled and then re-published....

0 Kudos
richardw1972
Level 7

Supported versions of browsers:

Firefox - 12.

Chrome - 17.

WELL DONE MCAFEE. BRILLIANT.

0 Kudos