cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spork
Level 9

SiteAdvisor Enterprise Plus 3.0 w/patch 2 & Web Gateway not standing down

All,

I am running into an issue where SiteAdvisor does not appear to stand-down in our environment which also has McAfee Web Gateway. I have the appropriate policy changes in place and also have made the changes to the web gateway based on this example:

Note: Your organization's web gateways must be configured to block gateway.siteadvisor.com for this option to be effective.

I have verify that if I browse to gateway.siteadvisor.com I get the usual Web Gateway block message. Then if I browse using IE from a workstation that is running SAE to a "known" blocked site I get the Web Gateway block message and then the SiteAdvisor block message. This would definately not be the optimal user experience. Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

David

SAE Policy.bmp

0 Kudos
5 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: SiteAdvisor Enterprise Plus 3.0 w/patch 2 & Web Gateway not standing down

What color is the SAE browser balloon when you are in the corporate network behind the web gateway blocking gateway.siteadvisor.com? Is it grey and stating SAE is disabled by policy or is it active and showing site ratings?

0 Kudos
bcandrew
Level 9

Hi David,

Is this issue still open?

Thank you,

Ben Andrew, MCSE

Senior Product Manager

- Site Advisor Enterprise

- Web Filtering for Endpoint

- McAfee Network Access Control

0 Kudos
Spork
Level 9

Hi Ben,

This issue has been resolved.

0 Kudos
jont717
Level 12

Can SiteAdvisor stand down but still check site ratings and have the Green checkmarks during searches? 

We use SiteAdvisor enterprise and Web Gateway 7.0.2.2  We do not want to see double block messages.

Please advise...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

SAE does not provide search rating annotation if it is standing down.

0 Kudos