cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnl
Level 7

Site Advisor uninstallation error

Hello,

I recently checked in Site Advisor v. 3.5.0.1195 in our EPO 4.6.7. I tested the Site Advisor installation in two Windows 8.1 computers that had only the agent and VSE, and got an installation failed error. After several retries I managed to successfully install Site Advisor 3.5.0.1195 in both computers.

In the About window of each client, SAE's version is 3.5.0.1121, Service Pack 2. Is this how version 3.5.0.1195 is supposed to display in the About window?

Now the Event Viewer shows that SAE's service terminates unexpectedally and Internet Explorer does not respond each time I open it.

I tried uninstalling SAE in both clients through EPO a zillion times, but it fails everytime. I checked in Site Advisor Removal Tool and run a task in EPO, but it also fails everytime. A manual unistall by selecting uninstall when right clicking C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\SiteAdvisor Enterprise\RepairCache\sae.msi returns the error "McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise Service cannot be stopped. Check that you have enough permissions" (the error message text may not be exactly like this, as I am translating from Portuguese). I'm uninstalling as a Domain Admin.

How can I uninstall SAE, or install in a way it works OK with Windows 8.1? Both clients have agent 4.8.0.1500.

Thank you,

Antonio

0 Kudos
4 Replies
spongetron
Level 10

Re: Site Advisor uninstallation error

I have exactly the same problem, with the same versions except I installed SAE SP2 on Windows 7. For me the IE plugin works but I have problems with the Firefox (v 28.0) plugin. When I try to uninstall SAE I get the same error, that I should check if I have enough permissions to stop the service.

0 Kudos
mperrin
Level 7

Under the Harding Policy you need to uncheck the Protect SiteAdvisor resourses.

Other wise you have to push the uninstall from EPO

0 Kudos
tnl
Level 7

In the policy catalog, Site Advisor Enterprise Plus 3.5.0, Hardening (My Default), I only have the options bellow.

EPO Hardening.JPG

I tried with all of them checked and with all of them unchecked (after successfully waking up the agent) and the error message is the same.

Where can I find the Protect SiteAdvisor resourses?

0 Kudos
mperrin
Level 7

Take a look at the client in EPO...

Under the products section is Site Advisor listed?  If it's not EPO will not push the SAE policys to the cleint, which is the issue I'm having.

SAE is installed on the client but not reporting as installed in EPO.

0 Kudos