Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irob
Level 9

Site Advisor 3.5 opens multiple tabs

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am testing out SA 3.5.0 p1 on our Win7 SP1 workstations. I have installed about 6 so far and on only one I have an issue with multiple tabs opening.

When the user (IT savvy) opens a link from an application or browser it sometimes opens dozens of new tabs of the same page as he tried to load. This is on IE 8, with all current patches. When he closes IE and reopens it is fine for a while, but will happen again. It only started after installing Site Advisor. Obviously we don't want to roll this out to thousands of users if 1 in 6 is having an issue like this...

Input appreciated.

Eoin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
irob
Level 9

Re: Site Advisor 3.5 opens multiple tabs

Jump to solution

Issue has not repeated after installing HF809552, over a week now.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
irob
Level 9

Jump to solution

I called McAfee Support.

They recommended we install HF830959. I did that manually on the machine that had the issue and the issue has not reoccured. Calling it a fix.

Eoin

0 Kudos
irob
Level 9

Jump to solution

Ok, the user reported that despite the HF, the issue is still there. I've run MER and enabled debugging, awaiting McAfee support.

Eoin

0 Kudos
bzielin
Level 10

Jump to solution

Yeah I have seen this before, installed patch one and had no further issue.

0 Kudos
irob
Level 9

Jump to solution

We are already on patch 1, so that didn't fix it for us. I've been told that patch 2 is due out this month/early next month. Hopefully that will do the job.

Eoin

0 Kudos
bzielin
Level 10

Jump to solution

If you open IE Internet Options click on the security tab and either check or uncheck Enabled Protected Mode (requires restarting Internet Explorer).

0 Kudos
irob
Level 9

Jump to solution

McAfee support have told us to deploy HF809552, which , for now, seems to have it fixed. I'll report back in a day or so.

Eoin

0 Kudos
irob
Level 9

Jump to solution

Issue has not repeated after installing HF809552, over a week now.

0 Kudos