I am testing out SA 3.5.0 p1 on our Win7 SP1 workstations. I have installed about 6 so far and on only one I have an issue with multiple tabs opening.
When the user (IT savvy) opens a link from an application or browser it sometimes opens dozens of new tabs of the same page as he tried to load. This is on IE 8, with all current patches. When he closes IE and reopens it is fine for a while, but will happen again. It only started after installing Site Advisor. Obviously we don't want to roll this out to thousands of users if 1 in 6 is having an issue like this...
Solved! Go to Solution.
I called McAfee Support.
They recommended we install HF830959. I did that manually on the machine that had the issue and the issue has not reoccured. Calling it a fix.
Ok, the user reported that despite the HF, the issue is still there. I've run MER and enabled debugging, awaiting McAfee support.
We are already on patch 1, so that didn't fix it for us. I've been told that patch 2 is due out this month/early next month. Hopefully that will do the job.
If you open IE Internet Options click on the security tab and either check or uncheck Enabled Protected Mode (requires restarting Internet Explorer).