cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spongetron
Level 10

SAE+ does not install in Firefox 29

Jump to solution

We are testing SAE+ 3.5 SP2 in our company. When i deploy SAE+ from ePO, it installs fine in IE but in Firefox it fails. I am not able to find SAE+ under plugins or extensions.

Does someone have the same problems? Which log files can I check to troubleshoot the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: SAE+ does not install in Firefox 29

Jump to solution

SAE 3.5 does not show in Firefox extensions.

See KB79967 for SAE 3.5 patch 2 not working in Firefox 26 and higher.

Support for Firefox 28 and lower was added in SAE 3.5 patch 2 HF923218 (3.5.0.1204). HF923218 will be posting to the ePO download server this week for general availability.

Although Firefox 29 is not officially supported by HF923218, there have not been reports of issues with 3.5.0.1204 and Firefox 29.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Excuse a consumer side Moderator butting in here but I can explain most of what's going on.  Firefox 29 no longer carries the "Add-on Bar" at the bottom of the screen where SA and SAE icons are placed.

There are a number of add-ons to Firefox that will replace the add-on bar or even give you back the old "look" of Firefox 28.

For the add-on bar only:  status-4-ever or look for The Addon Bar (Restored)

To bring back the old look and even allow one to move the SA/SAE icon to the top bar see the workaround I posted in the announcement at the top of the consumer section:  https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/web_email/siteadvisor

On our side SA 3.7 has started rolling out which will place it at the top anyway, but not sure when SAE is rolling out the same, I would assume concurrently.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/05/14 7:14:44 EDT AM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

BTW SA and SAE both are working in FF29, just not visible in the toolbar.   Links and downloads are still vetted.  Anyway it should all be sorted with the next update hopefully although rollout takes a while as it is staggered to prevent server overload.

0 Kudos
spongetron
Level 10

Jump to solution

OK, in my case SAE does not install at all in Firefox. I cannot find the add on under extensions or plugins. No ratings are displayed. Which log file can i check out to find more detailed information?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I can't help you there.  I was just correlating my experience with the regular SA with the thinking that SAE would behave similarly.  Hopefully someone will post with SAE experience or you could contact support.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/05/14 9:49:26 EDT AM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I've asked a McAfee contact for some help.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

SAE 3.5 does not show in Firefox extensions.

See KB79967 for SAE 3.5 patch 2 not working in Firefox 26 and higher.

Support for Firefox 28 and lower was added in SAE 3.5 patch 2 HF923218 (3.5.0.1204). HF923218 will be posting to the ePO download server this week for general availability.

Although Firefox 29 is not officially supported by HF923218, there have not been reports of issues with 3.5.0.1204 and Firefox 29.

0 Kudos
meforum
Level 10

Jump to solution

as far as I know SAE 3.5 is not supported on e.g. Firefox 29. Firefox ESR works ....

0 Kudos
spongetron
Level 10

Jump to solution

With SAE 3.5 patch 2 HF923218 (3.5.0.1204) everything works fine now.

0 Kudos