Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllanMellor
Level 7

SAE IE 11 Crash

Jump to solution

Hello all,

We are running Win 7 and IE 11 with VSE 8.8 and SAE 3.5.0.1204 and we are suddenly experiencing this error:

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.9600.17280, time stamp: 0x53f262ac

Faulting module name: McIEPlg.dll, version: 3.5.0.1204, time stamp: 0x53183118

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00033328

Faulting process id: 0x2e1c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfd70953ee66ba

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\SiteAdvisor Enterprise\McIEPlg.dll

Report Id: 4a5c5e3a-42fd-11e4-9201-005056c00008

It crashes the current tab.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
venksel
Level 9

Re: SAE IE 11 Crash

Jump to solution

Hi Allan,

We had the exact same issue and to solve the problem. We did the following per McAfee support's recommendation:

Go to policy cataglog for SiteAdvisor Enterprise Plus 3.5.0 > Enable/Disable

Deselect the enabled checkbox for "

10 Replies
kdowns2015
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the exact same issue, on all of our machines, also having the issue, of the IE 11 loosing focus while typing.

AllanMellor
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes for example typing in the search box in Google, the cursor will jump and you will have to place the cursor back into the search box and carry on typing.

0 Kudos
kdowns2015
Level 7

Jump to solution

exactly, according to the latest patch description, this is supposed to make the product compatible with IE 11, but it doesn't.

venksel
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Allan,

We had the exact same issue and to solve the problem. We did the following per McAfee support's recommendation:

Go to policy cataglog for SiteAdvisor Enterprise Plus 3.5.0 > Enable/Disable

Deselect the enabled checkbox for "

kdowns2015
Level 7

Jump to solution

Venksei,

That appears to have fixed the issue, I've tested on several machines, I'm just interested in how you temporarily disable SiteAdvisor without the toolbar?

venksel
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi there,

To disable SiteAdvisor via ePO, go to SiteAdvisor Enterprise Plus 3.5.0 > Enable/Disable > Under "SiteAdvisor policy enforcement" uncheck the box for "Enable"

HTH

drshoe28
Level 7

Jump to solution

venksel,

We have tried this in our environment and it seems to have worked for all devices aside from a Surface Pro 2.

Do you have any suggestions as to why this may be happening? I checked in ePO and moved them within our Devices in our Organization pool. I also have made sure that the latest policies have been updated and enforced on the client workstations.

They (3 total so far) are Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
kumaranand
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried doing that and it works for most of my machines but there are still some machines on which it is not working.Sometimes on some of my machines toolbar is getting disabled and is then getting enabled again causing the crash issue to flare up.I tried resetting IE and restarting the SAE services to force the policy enforcement thing but even that didnt work.

Any suggestions.

0 Kudos
vinoo
Level 13

Jump to solution

On the machines with the crash issue, could you update them to SAE 3.5 patch 5 and let us know if the issue still persists.

SAE 3.5 Patch 5 was released 25 July'16 and should be available via your grant id for download and in ePO software manager.

0 Kudos