cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: SAE 3.5 can be easily uninstalled in Chrome

Found out a few days ago that SAE 3.5.0.724 is not compatible with Chrome (can't lock down SAE in Chrome) and McAfee is working with Google on addressing this. Probably look for a patch 2 version or hotfix in the coming months.

Highlighted

I am seeing this in my environment as well. SAE seems to have an issue with FireFox 26 that also causes problems for IE. McAfee's recommendation is to uninstall SAE until a fix can be issued. I created an uninstall task in ePO and it fails every time on multiple systems (browsers are closed on the systems). It also doesn't show up in Add/Remove programs and there is no obvious uninstall in the SAE directories on the PC. So, is there any way to effectively uninstall SAE with ePO as it is supposed to work?

Highlighted
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 14

My uninstall task works? I just send and after a reboot/browsers closed and re-opened its gone.

The SAE policy says if it should appear in add remove programs or not, try changing the policy and pushing that out to see if it appears.

Highlighted

Thanks pierce. I tried that and it is still not working. I found the setting to make it visible in Control Panel. However, when running the uninstall, it pops up a message about an access permissions issue and the service is unable to be stopped. I then found additional settings under Enable/Disable and Hardening, protecting SAE settings in connection with VSE. I unchecked these and pushed out policy, then tried the uninstall, and it still didn't work. I then tried uninstalling at the system, and it still failed. Same errors.I found another post that mentioned SAE not uninstalling if it has policy applied, so I created a new policy with SAE disabled. This didn't work as well. I have a ticket open with McAfee on this, since it seems difficult to uninstall. I have heard indications that occasionally, a removal tool needs to be used.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community