cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gizmagis
Level 11

SAE 3.5 Patch 2 NOT supported on Windows 8

Even though it should be supported as KB says so, apparently its not. I tried to install it on 3 different Win8 machines through ePO and its not working. Installatino is always failed. Any ideas ?

Thanks, G

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pierce
Level 13

Re: SAE 3.5 Patch 2 NOT supported on Windows 8

Having lots of issues here with SAE as well, did you know it only officially supports chrome version 21 or something like that?

Speaking with a mcafee rep he said you can only deploy siteadvisor when IE is closed, I thought this sounded dubious as previously I have deployed without any issues and it just appears with IE closes and re-opens.

Also the full screen only IE10 is not supported, only the desktop version.

0 Kudos
gizmagis
Level 11

Hi Pierce,

thanks for your answer, however it's not helpfull The thing with Chrome is rubish, however I tried on 3 different Win8 full updated machines with IE10. It came across on my mind also that IE should be closed so I tried that also. Same issue, installation fail. It is just not working as it should...

G

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

Tell me about it, SiteAdvisor is starting to cause more problems that it solves. Have numerous cases open with support and there is not much they can do.

0 Kudos
gizmagis
Level 11

The idea with product is perfect, however it's just not working and it's really a shame.

I implemented it at several customers stating how good it is... it is if it's working. However in the last few months and with new updates and new windows OS... waste of time

G

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

Agreed, when it works its a great little utility. But its not kept up to date with new OS'es or new versions of the browsers so its quickly becoming a pain.

Attending the mcafee focus in a few weeks, will see what I can find out, if no good news I think ill be removing it from my machines!

0 Kudos