cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAE 3.5.0.724 (Win7) - Bogus Warning in Outlook

Hello,

We are running SAE 3.5 P1 and one of our VIPs recently received an email in Outlook from a co-worker, this email had zero links or attachments in it, and the only two emails were valid corporate emails. Yet the following warning appeared in his email message:

SAE_Warning_Sample.jpg

There is no indication of what triggered the warning. As I mentioned already, there were zero links and zero attachments, and both emails were valid. Anyone else see this type of behavior in Outlook?

By the way, he is using Outlook 2010.

Thanks in advance!

on 5/10/13 2:38:43 PM CDT
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: SAE 3.5.0.724 (Win7) - Bogus Warning in Outlook

I should also add... when the email is forwarded to others who also have SAE 3.5.0.724 installed, running the same flavor of Outlook... the warning does not trigger. It was a one-time pop-up in the body of the email.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

This is a SiteAdvisor Enterprise issue. Post moved from Consumer section to

Business / Endpoint Security / SiteAdvisor Enterprise for attention.

0 Kudos

Thank you Hayton... Still finding my way around these forums.

0 Kudos
derekb
Level 7

Confirmed that Outlook 2010 (64bit) is not supported by SAE 3.5.0.724.

Examine:

SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5 Patch 1 Known Issues

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB75184

Issue: SAE is not supported with Microsoft Outlook 2010 on a 64-bit client.

SAE 3.5 Patch 2, which is not currently available. This release is scheduled for release in August, 2013. - Perhaps this patch will address issue.

0 Kudos

Thanks Derekb,

I was aware of this as well; however all of our 2010 Outlook instances are 32bit. Even on 64bit systems. This was done due to other known compatibility issues regarding other legacy products.

These blank warnings pop up randomly from time to time and I honestly cannot believe no one else has seen them. I have also since learned that this has also occurred on a 2007 version of Outlook.

Thanks

0 Kudos