I'm at a loss with this one and figured I would see if anyone might now what is going on. I just downloaded SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5 and trying to test with it. I currently am running SA 3.0 Plus. I have setup my Deployment Tasks to install the updated SA over my older 3.0 client. That failed with the "Product Conflict: Siteadv_3500 will not be installed" error within the Agent Monitor Status. I then changed the task to remove the older 3.0 client. That was successful. I then changed the task again to install the 3.5 client but I'm still getting the same Product Conflict error.
I'm currently running on my client:
McAfee agent 220.127.116.114
I'm not sure what product the install could be in conflict with. Any help would be appreciated.
I will suggest you to post the complete agent log file.
Make sure that machine is matching the criteria as per the installation guide.
• Windows XP Professional, 32-bit and 64-bit, Service Pack 2 or higher
• Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, Service Pack 2
• Windows Server 2003 Standard, Service Pack 2
• Windows Server 2003 Web, Service Pack 2
• Windows Vista, all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit versions, Service Pack 1 or later
• Windows Server 2008, 32-bit and 64-bit versions, Service Pack 1 or later
• Windows 7, all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit versions
• Windows Server 2008 R2
As such there shouldn't be any problem shown on WIn7-64 bit machine.
Can you please make sure that there is no entry of SAE present in "c:\Program Files(x86\McAfee\SiteAdvisor Enterprise\" and registry "HKLM\Software\McAfee\SiteAdvisor Enterprise\" and "HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\SITEADV_3500\"
Also, do you see any "McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterpise Service" under services.msc?
If you see them, can you please delete tjhem, restart the machine and then try to install SAE 3.5.
Let us know