Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khai
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar

Hello Guys,

i am newbie here still learning about this anyway i need help on McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar and McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO.

it seem that this both is not working in Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10.

the add on for this is 3.5.0.0.

is it true that it is not compatible in Windows 10 on Internet Explorer 11.

can anyone help me on this please.

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar

You may need to install a patch: SAE 3.5 Patch 5 Repost 3 (3.5.0.1476)

McAfee Corporate KB - Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for SiteAdvisor Enter...

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I think you are talking about the regular Consumer version of WebAdvisor.  If this is SAE then ignore this.

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and you'll see a listing there for McAfee WebAdvisor

Uninstall it.

Go to   McAfee WebAdvisor , alter your Country at the top if necessary, and reinstall.

Reboot and it should be active and asking for permissions to run.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Also note than in IE11 the toolbar is not seen so no green icon the warning re sites when you try to go to them is there though.

"*In Internet Explorer, SiteAdvisor/McAfee WebAdvisor works in headless mode. This means that no toolbar will be displayed unless there is a problem detected on your installed security product (for example, if the Firewall is off or Real time scanning is disabled). McAfee WebAdvisor's settings can be changed from Internet Explorer’s Tools menu (the gear icon at the top right)."

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.