cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

McAfee Site Advisor Problems

Hi there,

I have just installed Mcafee Site advisory and I am currently testing this software out.. For some reason I when I search for something in google with Firefox, I get the ballons next to each result, and I do the same search with Internet Explorer, the balloons dont appear.

Also has anyone seen a difference in browsing speed? Mine suddenly got slower..

Thanks!!         

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Sk1dMARK
Level 11

Re: McAfee Site Advisor Problems

Verify that IE is allowing third-party browser helper objects (BHOs).  Those are often-times disabled by group policy for things such as FDCC, if you are gov.

I notice no difference in performance.  That said, my machine is smokin', a less appropriated system may see a hit.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks for your reply, however the 3rd Party browser helper objects are enabled!

0 Kudos
Sk1dMARK
Level 11

What do you see if you go in to the internet options of IE and go to: the programs tab -> manage add-ons -> toolbars and extensions?

Is it listed and enabled?

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Level 7

Yes I have Site Advisor Enabled..

0 Kudos
Sk1dMARK
Level 11

Well, that's all the easy stuff I can think of.  I'd recommend opening an SR.  Sorry I can't help further.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Level 7

For some strange odd reason this morning the site advisor is working!  I didnt change any settings, just started work...

Any idea what needs to be done to get a website validated from Mcafee and have the green baloon on the toolbar rather then a green one?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 7

Is there any way to get mcafee to scan a specific website so that the toolbar will show  Mcafee secure rather then having it grey?

0 Kudos
itsjoe
Level 7

You can submit it to https://www.trustedsource.org/?p=mcafee for review.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

For site review questions see KB53371 or go to http://www.siteadvisor.com/webmasters/index.html. You can email support@siteadvisor.com to initiate a site review.

The other issue appears to be in regards to the script files used for placing the search annotation ratings. If you are behind a proxy, you will not get the updated script files. You need SAE 3.0 patch 2 HF555832. The hotfix is available through escalated SRs to McAfee support. This fix will be included in the upcoming SAE 3.0 patch 3.

0 Kudos