Under your Agent -> General policy you set the prompt for reboot and forced timeout there. just untick and your end points will no longer get prompted to reboot. Its probably worth making a deal with your end users that they need to reboot 2-3 times a week just to avoid any issues with updates etc...
I have always had it ticked, but have never been promted before.. a little bit strange I think.
Not everything needs a reboot, i think VSE and HIPS just install fine. its when you get into the DLP/EEPC(safeboot) installers when you will see this. Generally in the agent log you will see a 'calling task run after reboot' fly by for products that need a reboot(or a few reboots) to kick in.
Just further to the initial issue with SAE, I have only recently upgraded to EPO 4.6 and decided to try the software manager to update SAE & VSE. I had issues with both products deploying to my clients. I removed the packages and their extensions out of EPO and then downloaded and checked in the packages the traditional way and so far the issue has gone, clients are updating as expected.
Hey, I just removed everything site advisor and checked in via the normal way and still get the same message! Thought we might have had something there!
So far I have had zero issues with the software center that i know of.
back to platinum support I go...
looks like i may have jumped the gun, after 17 of my clients managed to update SAE and VSE the issue has reared its ugly head again..
looks like macfee have fixed their issue. downloaded the file again today, 300kb file size difference. from what i can see the original
had no digital sig. Clients are now updating freely.
How strange, I see those reposts via software manager but not the download site. have checked them in and tried again with the same issue here, think my problem might be something else!
Glad yours is now working.
Ok deleted all the installers and just checked in the report installer and now it works! No idea why, either its the repost or not having the hotfix/update package checked in.
Looks like they have not yet fixed the issue.
I have an existing Site Advisor 3.0 Plus installation. Downloaded the Site Advisor 3.5 P1 extensions and files from the site today (12/20/12). Loaded everything up into ePO 4.6P4. Created a task to deploy the product. It will not install SAE 3.5P1 onto a machine with no existing SAE client, (MA 4.6P2). Starts but says it cannot find
Cleaning all the old stuff out is not really an option. It will take some time to get 3.5 through all testing and approval processes. So I need to be able to support 3.0 until then. And clearly removing all the extensions would wipe out all old policy settings. Again not an option.
What is the solution.