cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmdruskin
Level 7

How to unblock my website

Hi, I've been informed by a client that the can't open my website the error message they are getting is:

This site is blocked.

http://skillslocal.co.uk/

Access to this website was blocked because McAfee Threat Intelligence was unable to analyze its content.

McAfee Security Rating: Unknown

I apparently need to get McAfee to unblock but can't see how I do this - can anyone help please?

Tracy

0 Kudos
12 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: How to unblock my website

Are you capable of accessing? For I just had no issues at all when attempting to. And My Web Advisor  is functioning just fine?

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
tmdruskin
Level 7

Yes I can but my client can't.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Strange ? Did your client mention the fact it being detected as Artemis!? Which is usually the case when accessing 'Unknown/Suspicious' Sites/Files. Hopefully the Buisness Moderator will pick up this thread and go more in-depth with assistance.

I am uncertain if this is a 'Web Advisor' issue, or a 'False Artemis!' issue.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
tmdruskin
Level 7

Thanks - I'm not sure. I hope so too because it's not clear who else might also be getting this message.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

When I go there I can't get a site report from WebAdvisor (ex SiteAdvisor) but suspect that maybe their IP has changed to one that was perhaps on a blacklist. .

However it appears the WebAdvisor servers are down or that particular profile is corrupted somehow and is inaccessible, so I can't verify that to be the case.

Not sure what section to move this to for Enterprise help..

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

This may help:

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Moved to SiteAdvisor Enterprise for the time being.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Re: Re: How to unblock my website

This site is blocked.

Access to this website was blocked because McAfee Threat Intelligence was unable to analyze its content.

McAfee Security Rating: Unknown

That message accurately describes the situation.

The site is new (registered in April this year) and McAfee TrustedSource reports that it has no data for the site.

The site has therefore not been scanned and analyzed and is an unknown quantity. In such a case the default action (in SiteAdvisor Enterprise?) seems to be to block it.

I have no problem accessing the site and several security scans show it as clean. So the site owner just has to contact TrustedSource and get it tested.

0 Kudos
tmdruskin
Level 7

Re: Re: How to unblock my website

thanks I will give that a go.

0 Kudos