Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 20

Re: How to unblock a site rated as OK by site advisor?

Yes, that should be okay. Both plexus-online.com and icloud.com have a Green SiteAdvisor rating and neither of them shows a problem on their TrustedSource page.

However, this is perhaps not the issue. A site may be safe but SiteAdvisor Enterprise still blocks it because there are settings in the program that need to be adjusted. I can't advise on that.

alexn may know which program settings are involved. If not, I'll have to send a request through to the SiteAdvisor team to monitor the Business area (SAE) for this sort of problem.

Highlighted
Level 14
Message 12 of 20

1.General User based policy

siteAdvisor plus 3.5 >General>Default >Enable Observer mode.

2.Event tracking userbased policies

Site advisor enterprise Event tracking Uncheck it for green sites.

3.Enable/Disable userbased policy

Enable disable user based policty to check whether you get access to green site?

Follow and post your resuilts if the sites are in green catogry.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Thank you Alex, much obliged

Highlighted

Perfect Alexn!!  Thanks!!

Highlighted

I'm having the same problem as ssanders21, version 3.0 SiteAdvisor on both of my computers. Last week I had no problem at all, now all of a sudden SiteAdvisor is blocking Dropbox.com, same screen shot message as ssanders21 even though on the Google search list there is a GREEN check mark next to the website, when I hover over the checkmark a ballon message says "We tested this site and didn't find any significant problems". When I go to the website, and get the blocked message, the McAfee toolbar icon is GREEN. Then View Site Report, same information, GREEN check mark and it says "We tested this site and didn't find any significant problems."

I do not have this problem on my other computer, same version of SiteAdvisor, I can get to the Dropbox website with no problems. This is completely ridiculous.

Also, can't see any place to change any settings so I obviously did not change anything since last week.

Message was edited by: imrtistik on 5/18/13 8:07:21 PM CDT
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Is this with SiteAdvisor Enterprise version 3.0? I thought the latest SAE version was 3.5, which might have something to do with it.

If your SA installation is identical on both PCs then you are possibly connecting to different SiteAdvisor servers with different stored site ratings (yes, this is a known problem. It's a cache issue. It's being corrected.)

Dropbox is indeed Green in SiteAdvisor and so probably also in TrustedSource (I can't confirm this at the moment, I get an upstream server timeout from the mcafee.com server).

Highlighted

Yes 3.0, I didn't install it independently, it came with my SaS service apparently. I don't know how my computers would be connecting to different servers since my service is all under the same account. Plus, as I said, I didn't have a problem with the effected computer a week ago.

It it a cache issue on McAfee's end?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Yes, it's probably McAfee's servers. SiteAdvisor runs on (if I remember the explanation correctly) a total of 19 servers. Which one your client application actually connects to is unknowable in advance. The cache problem is only found on some of those servers. The explanation is simple enough, but it took quite a while to identify the root cause.

Some servers are keeping old rating information which should have been deleted after a set period of time, so site results from some servers reflect last month's, or last year's, situation. Other servers provide results which reflect the current situation. And so you can get differing results for the same site ... very confusing, as many people have pointed out. The problem is being fixed, but there must still be some servers giving incorrect ratings some of the time.

The last news I had was that work on the servers was expected to be complete by about now. Allow some leeway for hold-ups and complications .... I would expect the work to be done by early next week. After which I very much hope the SiteAdvisor site results become consistent again.

Highlighted

I'm still having this problem. I even contacted McAfee techincal support and, after sending them a screen shot, this is all they told me:

Thank you for providing the screen shot. Upon review, the SiteAdvisor rating of the site is Green. For further assistance, please visit our Service Portal at the following web address:
https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/Default.aspx

So, basically sending me back to the same page I went to to contact them in the first place, without giving me any additional information or help with this issue. So am I supposed to call them, email someone else, what?

Message was edited by: imrtistik on 5/22/13 7:53:13 PM CDT
Highlighted

Okay, so I'm still having this problem with Dropbox, still no response for a solution from McAfee support.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community