cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssanders21
Level 7

How to unblock a site rated as OK by site advisor?

I am trying to log onto a site (constantcontact.com) that McAfee site advisor says is tested as OK with no problems.  However, when I try to go to the site on one computer running site advisor I get redirected to a screen that says " Site is blocked, An unnacceptable security risk is posed by this site".  The security rating on this screen says the site has a "Green Rating".  If I try going to the site on another computer running site advisor, it goes through OK.  It may be a local machine issue but I am unsure how to change the site advisor settings on that machine to allow it go through to the site.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Hayton
Level 18

Re: How to unblock a site rated as OK by site advisor?

ssanders21 wrote:

.. when I try to go to the site on one computer running site advisor I get redirected to a screen that says " Site is blocked, An unnacceptable security risk is posed by this site".

Is that a SiteAdvisor message? It would help if you could get a screenshot and post it.  SiteAdvisor doesn't normally come up with a warning unless TrustedSource has been alerted to a recent problem.

Ratings : the site is rated Safe and Green by TrustedSource and SiteAdvisor. The only problem with the site itself is its use of hidden iframes, which is to be deprecated because these can sometimes be used to spread malware - see below.

Sucuri SiteCheck - constantcontact_com.png

However constantcontact.com uses quite a lot of IP addresses and a couple of them seem to have a problem, according to TrustedSource :

www.constantcontact.com - Website - McAfee Labs Threat Center.png

And while the site may be okay there are a lot of reviews both on WOT and on SiteAdvisor from users who say that giving your details on this site leads to you receiving a lot of spam emails. Use at your own risk, I guess. As one WOT reviewer puts it,

This company offers a mailing service to everybody. Many legitimate companies use it to email existing customers - instead of investing in their own mailing service - and you can actually unsubscribe from future mailings per originating company without seeing an increase in spam.

Fraudulent companies, which also use it, should of course be rated down.

The message you saw on one machine may be because of a non-McAfee AV program that was running on it.

0 Kudos
ssanders21
Level 7

Attached is the screen shot of what I see when trying to go to the site.  It looks like "site advisor" to me.

siteadvisor sshot.png

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

You're using SiteAdvisor Enterprise, which seems to have a different UI for blocking pages. It may also operate under different rules from the Consumer version. This thread is in the Consumer section, so I've moved it over to the Business section for attention.

The thread is now in

McAfee Communities / Business / Endpoint Security / SiteAdvisor Enterprise / Discussions.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 29/03/12 14:41:56 IST
0 Kudos
kgruenwald
Level 7

I, too, am having this issue and we need to resolve it.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
secnet
Level 7

Have you tried whitelisting the sites ?

You can always allow any use to override Site-Advisor with a password

Or all all users to click continue with caution.

Are you running 3.0 or 3.5, from the picture it looks like 3.0.

3.5 is support chrome and is smaller and now located in the top right corner.

0 Kudos
srdeekman
Level 7

Iám havind the same problem with the following site of wetransfer.com

SIteAdvisor Secuirity Settings.png Dear all,

SIteAdvisor website blocking.png

Please any advice.

Message was edited by: srdeekman on 11/8/12 5:12:51 AM CST
0 Kudos
tommy22
Level 7

I am having the same problem with Windows 8 pro.  I am trying to connect to www.icloud.com.  I get the error messages given above by other posters.

0 Kudos
knpjdad
Level 7

I'm also having the same issue with our company mrp software. www.plexus-online.com I really need to know how to fix this. Other than uninstall.

0 Kudos
alexn
Level 14

Hi all

Shoot an email to sites@mcafee.com and they will add these all sites in their Trusted source DB.

0 Kudos