cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulhorn77
Level 8

How to turn off pop up message?

Jump to solution

I have several users that are frustrated with the pop up message every 3 seconds on several sites.  I have the On Access Scan messaging turned off for local users ( cookies and when a threat is detected).  However I just realized the message is comming from the Site Advisor but I have not been able to find the setting inside ePolicy under Site Advisor that will turn off notifications for users.

See attached screenshot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: How to turn off pop up message?

Jump to solution

Do you have file download enforcement enabled? Are you blocking unrated files?

If you have VSE installed, you can safely turn off SAE file download enforcement. SAE file download enforcement is intended for systems without VSE.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Is this SiteAdvisor home edition or Enterprise?  We only deal with the home edition here and that would be cured by turning off Protected Mode in SiteAdvisor Options reached by clicking the small arrow just to the right of the icon.

0 Kudos
paulhorn77
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sorry I should have indicated what version.  I am using Enterprise Plus 3.0.0 hotfix 2.

Just to clarify.  I do want to keep Site Advisor running I just don't want the users to get the warning pop up message.  I can review that stuff on the server and see what is going down.

Message was edited by: paulhorn77 on 7/11/11 1:49:04 PM CDT
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

OK I have no knowledge of that product so have move this to Business > Other McAfee Products where someone who does will hopefully chip in.   Good luck.

0 Kudos
paulhorn77
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter for moving it to the business forum.  Hopefully someone else has had this issue and knows a quick fix.  I still haven't found how to fix it.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Do you have file download enforcement enabled? Are you blocking unrated files?

If you have VSE installed, you can safely turn off SAE file download enforcement. SAE file download enforcement is intended for systems without VSE.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

paulhorn77 wrote:

Thanks Peter for moving it to the business forum.  Hopefully someone else has had this issue and knows a quick fix.  I still haven't found how to fix it.

You're welcome Paul and it looks like help is on the way.  ;-)

0 Kudos