Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottli
Level 7

How to adjust my smtp server ip's reputation

Jump to solution

Dear All,

The two days, I am burning, coz my domain(mcdermottwuchuan.com) userscouldn't send email to our parent company(mcdermott.com).

By investigation, found that my smtp server ip(123.235.56.20) was rated as high risk by TrustedSource, meanwhile both of us are using McAfee Ironmail asour smtp gateway.

Actually, I never misuse our smtp server intentionally, I usually take careof my smtp server security since we setup our email server around 2years ago.

Any help would be appreciated very much!

Best Regards,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awosotowsky
Level 9

Re: How to adjust my smtp server ip's reputation

Jump to solution

Nothing you did specifically, just some prior botnet related traffic from the subnet and a lack of any legitimate senders until now.  TS hadn't seen enough traffic to automatically unblock the IP yet.

--adam

0 Kudos
18 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I think you want SiteAdvisor rather than Global Threat Intelligence but I woiuld need to know if this is home products or Enterprise in order to move it to the correct spot.

0 Kudos
scottli
Level 7

Jump to solution

Dear Moderator,

Great thanks to you reply!

Before I saw a post which you've helped a guy to sovle his problem.

Our environmnet is Enterprise, and I got the IP address pools at around Jan,2010 from ISP, and then setup our email server with the help my colleague of USA. also I've checked some anti-spam organization, our IP isn't a spam source.

So if you can help to move our ip address into correct spot, that would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Scott

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

OK I have moved this to SiteAdvisor Enterprise where those people should be able to help you.  I'm afraid I have no knowledge of Enterprise products.

0 Kudos
scottli
Level 7

Jump to solution

Anyway, thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
scottli
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is there anyboday can help me,pls!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

You'll have to be patient and wait for someone in that department to spot this, especially on a weekend.  Meanwhile there is the corporate support portal I believe although I have no idea how you find it.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/09/11 9:36:03 EDT AM
0 Kudos
scottli
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I've checked with below blacklist,

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

http://www.dnsbl.info/dnsbl-database-check.php

My smtp server ip(123.235.56.20) are green.

So is there anyone tell me why McAfee rated my ip as high risk, this is very important for me, coz we need to get to know what is the reason.

Hope you can understand my circumstance, as I have got a lot of reject and complain.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Both mcdermottwuchuan.com and mcdermott.com are completely clean and rated green when I check with no negative comments at all anywhere.  Exactly what URL are you using or where are you reading this negative rating exactly?...I need a link.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/09/11 7:05:29 EDT AM
0 Kudos
scottli
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Moderator,

Please refer the link http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/ip/default.aspx?ip=123.235.56.20, our smtp server is still high risk.

thanks a lot for your kinly hlep.

Best Regrds,

Scott

0 Kudos