cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robrowii
Level 7

How Can I Force IE, Chrome, and Firefox to 'Enable' and Use the SiteAdvisor 3.x Addon

ePO 5.1.0 Build 509

End User Machines are Windows 7 SP1 with IE v8 to v11.

Question:

Does anyone have a solution to force IE, Chrome, and Firefox to enable and use the SiteAdvisor 3.x Addon and prevent users from disabling it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
manning
Level 9

Re: How Can I Force IE, Chrome, and Firefox to 'Enable' and Use the SiteAdvisor 3.x Addon

You can prevent users from being able to disable it once it has been deployed and enabled in settings from ePO.

Policy Catalog > SiteAdvisor Enterprise Plus 3.5.0 > Enable/Disable > My Default (or whatever you have called it)

In the third option - SiteAdvisor menu option: if you deselect 'Enable' users will be prevented from disabling the add in.

To the other part of your question though, I would also like to have SAE be automatically enabled when deploying it without any IE or Chrome popup or notification to enable or not.

0 Kudos
Daniel_S
Level 12

Re: How Can I Force IE, Chrome, and Firefox to 'Enable' and Use the SiteAdvisor 3.x Addon

You can´t prevent it at all from being disabled in Chrome.

As per McAfee manual you can run a query against the systems having the SAE feature enabled or not to get an overview of who turned it off.

Regards

Dan

Best regards
Dan
0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

You can follow steps in KB77685 to keep users from disabling SAE in Chrome.

manning
Level 9

I was really glad to find that article. Many of my users were not enabling the extension no matter how many times I asked them to, now they have no choice

0 Kudos