Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ryanst
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 25

Help with email high risk rating

Jump to solution

We have 2 customers that are having issues receiving emails from us both have threat intelligence from McFee.  I have submitted the online threat feedback form (Ticket_ID 1423977) and emailed sites@mcaffee.com at the first of the week but the rating has stayed the same and we have received no response. How does someone get off of the list or find out what is causing them to have a high email rating without some way to communicate. As far as i can tell and all the checks i have found online i can not find any issues with our systems. we do send emails as about 40 different company's if this is a possible cause.

Our customer sent us this: "Intel won’t give me specific information as to why your servers regularly are rated as highly risky, but have told me that you would need to contact them."

If someone can contact me or send me some information as to what i can do next.

Ryan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Message 22 of 25

Re: Help with email high risk rating

Jump to solution

sent E-Mail yesterday; received the following response back:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 1:27 AM

To: XXXXXXX

Subject: {MEGFP:2d1cf69466793ffabe159495a3c28825} McAfee.com: Email IP Reputation False Positive (Spam) Feedback

Thank you for contacting ISG Messaging Security.  The deliverability issue you reported has been resolved.  Adjustments have been made that will allow emails to be delivered normally.  If the issue is unresolved after 24 hours, please reply to this email.

Thank you,

ISG Messaging Security

{When replying to this email, please do not modify the information in the subject line}

Looks like you are clear: 216.83.154.205 - IP - McAfee Labs Threat Center

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
24 Replies
ryanst
Level 8
Message 2 of 25

Jump to solution

Bump

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Jump to solution

This may help, look down the list to the bit about SiteOwners:McAfee SiteAdvisor Software – Website Safety Ratings and Secure Search

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 25

Jump to solution

BTW it's @mcafee.com not @mcaffee.com - no double f.

ryanst
Level 8
Message 5 of 25

Jump to solution

Thanks peter i will see if i can find anything else in there. I typed the address wrong here, but on my email i used sites@mcafee.com

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 25

Jump to solution

​,

I will ask a Expert from Site Advisor Enterprise to add to the discussion.

​  Could you kindly assist this User please?

As you can see Vinoo solved this user's issue.

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
ryanst
Level 8
Message 7 of 25

Jump to solution

thanks catdaddy. The site peter posted showed up and when i clicked on something thewas page cannot be displayed(javascipt//). now if i click his link it goes to a download landing page.

ryanst
Level 8
Message 8 of 25

Jump to solution

let me see the link to vinoo reply. Thanks

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Jump to solution

It should be in that link I inserted in Post #7 within that thread I posted.  if Vinoo picks up this thread, he normally escalates your submission to get it resolved.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
ryanst
Level 8
Message 10 of 25

Jump to solution

Above is what i get by going to https://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/ip/default.aspx?ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, This is what was provided to us by our client.

I have removed our IP so it is not on the site I dont mind PM it to you. First thing i tried was opening a ticket on www.trustedsource.org and below is the ticket closed. I have sent an email to sites@mcafee.com​ but not received any emails back. ​

I think the differences of my issue is that mine is an email rating i cant seem to find a way to get it fixed or even know why i we are high risk. I hope this help.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community