cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pierce
Level 13

Chrome auto disabling 3rd party extension... site advisor

Hey,

Getting several reports from end users that site advisor in chrome has been disabled by google as a third party install you didnt do.

anyone have ideas how to re-activate chrome in these browsers?

thanks,

Pierce

0 Kudos
7 Replies
srramki
Level 7

Re: Chrome auto disabling 3rd party extension... site advisor

You can go to the Options-->Settings-->Extensions-->Check enable for "SiteAdvisor Enterprise"plugin

Alternatively, you can type chrome://extensions in the browsers to get there.

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

Hey,

Yes that works perfectly well for a single machine.

I need to do this for around 400 machines (or at least check its working) should have made my question a bit clearer, thanks!

0 Kudos
mrpg
Level 7

Same boat here,  we're going to be a heavy chrome use shop, roughly 8500 instances to protect.  Anyone figure this out- either via GPO, some kind of chrome management or magent/SAE?

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

I believe there is a GPO for chrome that helps, but havnt managed to get it working here.

Was recently at FOCUS they mentioned the the new version of siteadvisor will be lower down the networking stack so wont rely on a browser plugin as much. no idea on time frame on that, next year some time.

0 Kudos

McAfee KB77685 gives the solution to the problem. https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB77685, but personnally I would stick to workaround part 3 - from i to iv (inserting the Chrome template into a new GPO and whitelisting the SiteAdvisor extension)

It also says for you to install an IIS server to deploy the extension, but deploying SAE with ePO should already do the trick on that part.

on 7/9/14 11:08:21 AM CDT

on 7/9/14 11:08:55 AM CDT
0 Kudos
web1b
Level 7

The KB says you can manually enable in the browser, but we are seeing the enable check box grayed out.  So, we cannot even manually enable on a workstation.

Is there another step required to do this?

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

I think with the latest update to chrome it will disable any plugin's/add on's that are not on the chrome store to reduce malware. I don't think the mcafee siteadvisor is on the chrome store so its auto disabled and no way to enable it through the browser menus.

0 Kudos