cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christos
Level 9

mvt is not detecting security center

had to run mvt as mcafee kept switching it self off this issue has now been resolved but mvt only detects parental control and web advisor it does not detect  security center,  anti virus and anti spyware ,personal firewall, anti spam, quick clean and shredder, and vulnerability scanner. I am running mcafee security center version 14.0 release name 14.0 R10

0 Kudos
13 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: mvt is not detecting security center

Hi @christos,

Did you make certain you installed a new version before running?  http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html  In addition as long as your McAfee Security Center reports that all is okay, and functioning properly. I would not worry.

On occasion MVT will sometimes report issues when, there is no need to be concerned

Regards,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
christos
Level 9

Thanks for the prompt response and advice I did install a new version of mvt.

catdaddy
Level 20

@christos,

You are quite welcome . It is good that Selvan was capable of replicating the same issue, as that will go a long way towards it getting resolved.

Regards,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Hello

We were able to replicate this and is currently being investigated. Will post back if there are any developments on this.

catdaddy
Level 20

Thank you Selvan

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
christos
Level 9

Thanks Selvan

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

@christos,

Please refer to post #8 , as Selvan our Forum Tech has informed us that the issues with MVT have been resolved. Could you kindly install the New version and confirm that indeed your issues have been resolved?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
christos
Level 9

MVT now detects all Mcafee  products  user interface says all is o.k but mvt reports problems but as long as user interface says all o.k I am not worried.

Thanks to all for your help and advice.

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Just curious if you purchased your software from McAfee or was it purchased from a partner such as Dell, Verizon, or maybe Cox?  I know that some of these partners versions of the software sometimes do not recognize MVT but I am just wondering if perhaps this might be the cause of your issue.

When you look at the user interface and everything appears as normal then you can rest assured the software is working as it should.

Selvan is working on this and he will report when he has an update

Tom K3TG

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

0 Kudos