cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to do quick & full scan due to unexpected error

Jump to solution

I just bought McAfee Antivirus plus 2014. After software Installation, I tried to run quick scan, but it was not successful due to unexpected error.

Could you help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee tromine
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 8

Re: Unable to do quick & full scan due to unexpected error

Jump to solution

Yes, that's what Catdaddy was recommending.  See the link in his signature.  It leads to a KB article that includes something we call the MCPR tool.  After uninstalling McAfee through Control Panel, run MCPR tool, too.  This will cleanly remove all traces of old McAfee program.  Then you reinstall McAfee and you should be good.

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

If I may ask, did you have any existing Anti-Virus application installed previously? And if so, did you uninstall through the Control Panel/then restart. Followed up by using the particular products Removal Tool? For if there was any left -over remnants, this could possibly have corrupted your McAfee installation.

Please make certain that you are up to date with all of your Windows updates/Add-ons. To include Internet Explorer, even if you do not use it. McAfee does in order to function/display correctly.Make certain you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed also  (14.0.0.145)

You can also contact Technical Support 24/7 (Free) and can locate the link below my Signature,or under "Useful Links" at the top of this page.

I might add, instructions on how to Uninstall/Reinstall can be found below my Signature. Plus you could try running the latest (MVT)

All the best,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 7/14/14 10:01:09 AM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

I did not uninstall the previous McAfee software through the control panel. Do you mean I unstall the entire McAfee now and then reinstall back the McAfee Antivirus plus 2014?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee tromine
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Yes, that's what Catdaddy was recommending.  See the link in his signature.  It leads to a KB article that includes something we call the MCPR tool.  After uninstalling McAfee through Control Panel, run MCPR tool, too.  This will cleanly remove all traces of old McAfee program.  Then you reinstall McAfee and you should be good.

View solution in original post

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Tracy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
McAfee Employee tromine
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Good to have another active and knowledgeable moderator on the McAfee Maniac team!  Our customers benefit every day...

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Thank you Again  (Blush) ..You are too kind. I try my best and must add that the ( Big 3) are always there to Guide me/Assist me should I have a question....

Kindest Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

That could explain your issues. Yes you should have uninstalled the previous version of McAfee, before installing your current Version. I would reccomend following the Guidelines/Instructions in the (First) Link and see if that solves your problems.

If not, please feel free to contact Technical Support/Customer Service if any remnants of your previous version is still showing in your account. Please post back your results....

Wishing you all the Best,

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community