cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVICE and Support under "End of Life" - MCAFEEs India Customer Service is TERRIBLE

It's no wonder Service & Support is under "End of Life" in McAfee's community directory.  After experiencing 1-2 weeks of trying to get my "Total Protection" issues resolved, I feel like it is my end of life.  SO FRUSTRATING.  Not only did the 1st call from McAfee come in LATE at night,  I could NOT understand but 1-2 words of the entire voice mail left.  It would be great if customer service spoke ENGLISH, not India-English.  

The 2nd call came in at 8pm which I told them they need to call me during normal U.S. business hours.  I set up a time, NOON CST time 8/28/2019 and I was guaranteed someone would call me then.  NO CALL.  I can guarantee someone will probably try to call me on India hours again - late at night.

It is pathetic that U.S. Companies hide behind outsourcing to India.  The Iron curtain of Russia is now the Iron support curtain of India.

I looked into Norton and unfortunately they do the SAME thing as McAfee - outsource to India.

I am sure the software/upgrade development is done by India too.  The software used to be better, not laden with all these issues/crashes.  It is apparently that sufficient testing was not done.  I work with SAP.  I have 25+ years of experience knowing that most India consultants are not thorough in their testing and do not care to understand the issue.  They just want to check off a box saying it was done.  That's why the new Total Protection for MAC crashes; does not let me set my home network wifi as non-public; hangs and does not download all the virus updates (and NONE are done automatically even though that's what my setup says).

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community