cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Removing TP before activation question

I recently placed an order with Dell with Mcafee Total Protection preinstalled. I decided, however, that I do not want this on my system. Dell's policy will not let me cancel this part since the order was already placed. When the computer comes in, I want to remove the Mcafee Total protection. Do I have to activate it first before removing it? What if I don't activate it first? Do I use the standard add/remove programs or will I need to also get the Mcafee removal tool?

I realize I will loose out on the money I paid for the service, but at this point, I do not care. It was $45 but I am fine with loosing out on it.

Thanks

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Removing TP before activation question

I think you have to activate it first but it varies depending on what's in the package.  Best ask Customer Service as they know more about the account side of things.

They are linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.  Free to phone or use the online chat.

Highlighted

Re: Removing TP before activation question

Oh and when or if you activate it ensure you make sure the auto renewal option is deactivated

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=CS40021

also worth a go at trying for a refund If bought from Mcafee you have 60 days to get a refunds on new installs. With Dell purchasing it is worth asking customer service.

http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community