cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Octopus
Level 9

Real Time Scanning Problem

Jump to solution

When I click on my McAfee it says the Real Time Scanning is on.

When I used my Mcafee VT to check my McAfee (which I do every once in a while) it said this

Then a small window pops up and disappears. When I ran my VT again, it say it can't find any McAfee products installed??! And the McAfee disappears from my toolbar. When I restarted my computer it was back. When I scan the MVT it says the same things.

What going on? Why is it saying my Real Time Scanning is off and then gets rid of my McAfee from my toolbar when it tries to fix it. And why does it say I'm missing a webadvisor file? My WA is working fine.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Real Time Scanning Problem

Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

The issue with MVT where it falsely alerts that Real Time Scanning is OFF have been fixed. Please re-run MVT and see if it reports everything is fine.

Tier 2.5 Technician
19 Replies
zena
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem and the missing file is in directory siteadvisor, called mfeasins_x64.exe.

I have run MVT at least 3 times but it doesn't fix the problems.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

I suggest you try a uninstall reinstall of the product. You should also get the new 15.1 version as well.

Remove and reinstall Mcafee

This brought up in our moderator call with the techs and this their suggestion.

I will test my PC with MVT later on today

0 Kudos
Octopus
Level 9

Jump to solution

Why do I have to uninstall and reinstall the program? Wouldn't the problem be on the MVT end? It says my Real Time Scanning is off which is false and says that a file is missing on my Steadvisor which is working fine.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi

Please confirm that you are able to run a Scan. (Quick Scan perhaps)

With regards to WebAdvisor file missing report by MVT Investigation is in progress and soon an update will be available.

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos
Octopus
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes. I just did a Quick Scan  and there were no problems.

0 Kudos
Octopus
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just a quick update. It no longer says I'm missing a webadvisor file but it continues to say my real time scanning is off when its clearly on.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

The issue with MVT where it falsely alerts that Real Time Scanning is OFF have been fixed. Please re-run MVT and see if it reports everything is fine.

Tier 2.5 Technician
Octopus
Level 9

Jump to solution

checkmark.jpg

0 Kudos
Octopus
Level 9

Jump to solution

Would you believe its happening again?