Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brabow
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Mcaffee Virtual Technician - Engine out of date

Hello,

I have SecurityCenter installed in my personal computer and when I ran Virtual Technician it gives me athe following result:

VirusScan 15.6.245

Problem: Engine out of date. Update now

This is the info about VirusScan versions that I have today.

Virusscan_Status.jpg

I don't have any particular problem but the message given by Virtual technician worries me. Do I have any way to update the engine (MVT does not do it) or this is some warning that I do not have to take in accoount?

Best regards,

Bernardo

3 Replies
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mcaffee Virtual Technician - Engine out of date

Hi brabow,

Did you click on "Fix all" button in the MVT window. If so An update should be triggered by MVT itself.

If MVT says that the problems cannot be fixed then try pushing a manual update by clicking on the Update tile in McAfee UI.

Since the last update date is recent there shouldn't be a problem..!

Regards

on 1/6/14 7:24:03 AM CST
brabow
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Hi Selvan,

Yes, I did click the "Fix All" button but MVT cannot complete the task and suggests to contact product support.

I also tried updating Security Center and after running it it says that all components are up to date.

As I said in my post, I don't see any wrong behavior on Security Center but the MVT message puzzles me.

Best regards,

Bernardo

Message 4 of 4

Hi brabow,

In that case you can just ignore the message of MVT. Make sure that you have an eye on the Security Center update date and time such that they are current.

I will check If I get the same MVT error and post back the findings..!

Regards