I just installed MAATP(McAfee All Access - Total Protection) free trial a couple days ago, 9/26/2012, and now I am experiencing these countless errors with the product and require assistance (problems are listed as they occured):
1. After the install, upon regular use of my computer (gaming, browsing, etc) I was getting "tabbed" out of my current process. For example... right now I'm typing in this chatbox, but every 30 seconds or so (it's random but often enough to be really aggravating) I have to click back on the chatbox to continue typing. With games it tabs to the desktop.
2. After troubleshooting the error described in "1" I was lead to new software installations, which lead me to the MAATP free trial I just installed. So I tried opening MAATP free trial and voila a black white box opens and that is it. So I waited 10 minutes to see if MAATP was just having a rough time loading, but it wasn't that. So I decided to just try to uninstall MAATP free trail but going to the control panel and same problem with the white box occurs. I noticed though that I never got tabbed out of the MAATP blank white box window when I was clicked on it so at least I know that problem resides with this.
3. Anyways after dealing with what I said in "2" I when to McAfee Support. The virtual technician found nothing, and the faqs had nothing either. Live chat would let me choose my country and service type but then no chatbox opens. So now I'm here trying to find a way to fix/uninstall MAATP free trial. I'm trying to find if it's a virus but I've yet to find it if it is.
Here's my hardware:
Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop
OS(64-bit): Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @2.13GHz 2.13 GHz
RAM: 3 GB
Steps to do in order to get a clean uninstall:
1. Go to the "Usefull Links" Section up in that page and download MCPR.exe, save it in your Desktop
2. Reboot PC and during rebooting press F8 key to go to Boot Options -> Boot in Safe Mode
3. Go to Control Panel and uninstall the product.
4. Reboot (normal or safe mode), run MCPR.exe
5. Reboot and clean folders:
5.1. C:\\Program Files\McAfee - delete everything inside.
5.2. C:\\Program Data\McAfee - delete the whole folder.
5.3. C:\\Users\YourUsername\Appdata\Local\Temp - delete everything which you can identify as a McAfee folder.
6. Reboot again and proceed to a new installation or whatever you need.
Another solution of your problem might be to update your Java. Very frequently the problems you described are related to this.
The latest version of Java you can find at Java.com, be sure to uninstal previous versions if installer doesn't require to.
Another solution that might be useful is to register the .dll files used.
Try these commands:
Go to Start->Run and type RESPECTING the spaces:
1. regsvr32 jscript.dll
2. regsver32 vbscript.dll
P.S. I assume that you have administrator rights.