cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Security Scan Plus incorrect notifications

Since installing the Windows 10 Optional Update, Hypervisor Enforced Code Integrity (HVCI). I have been receiving a McAfee notification on my laptop screen every time McAfee Security Scan Plus opens and runs automatically, saying that it is “… not compatible when Windows 10 HVCI mode is enabled. Please close application.”

Please view the enclosed screenshot below.

Now that I have HVCI switched off HVCI within my Windows 10 system. I still receive these McAfee notifications every time McAfee Security Scan Plus begins. Can McAfee Customer Support please advise me how to stop these notifications.

Thank you,

Incorrect McAfee Security Scan Plus screen notification.Incorrect McAfee Security Scan Plus screen notification.Ian Lambert

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: McAfee Security Scan Plus incorrect notifications

@NO_2redBaksHERE 

Thanks for sharing this. We will check the same. Meanwhile, try remove and reinstall McAfee Security Scan plus

Regards
Siva

Highlighted

Re: McAfee Security Scan Plus incorrect notifications

Thanks Siva for your fast reply and advice to uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus (MSS+).

I have since being doing some further research using McAfee Customer Community Support (MCSS).

I can quote from catdaddy, 07-16-2014 11:36 AM, Re: McAfee total protection vs McAfee security scan plus.

"You can safely (Uninstall) MSS+ through your Control Panel. Evidently you installed it with another program via being "Bundled". Most likely scenarios being when updating Adobe Flash Player. There are other programs offered similarly as well, Ask Tool-Bar, Norton Safe Search, etc.
Just remember in the future to untick the (Optional) offers. McAfee Security Scan Plus has no (Protection Capabilities).
"

Another quote by 'exbrit', 07-16-2014 11:39 AM.

Re: McAfee total protection vs McAfee security scan plus.
"It merely scans and tells you if security is compromised and then would suggest a McAfee product.  It comes usually as an optional download with Adobe products so always watch out for that box that can be unchecked whenever you are installing anything."

NO_4redBaksHERE:  I already have the McAfee products McAfee Total Protection, McAfee All Access and McAfee Web Advisor protecting my synchronized Windows OS laptop and Android mobile phone , with a good Firewall  that came  with these products. I will not need MSS+ after all.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community