Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 49

Re: MVT reporting missing com components

Thanks for the update Chris and Ratheesh . .

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 49

rr1 wrote:

Approximately the fix should be available by COB today.

COB = Close of Business.  But for a global user base, it would be helpful to have that clarified. Close of business in which time zone?

I just received an email from a McAfee contact saying that an MVT fix was in place so I re-ran MVT to check. It auto-updated (does it do that every time?) and then produced the same results as yesterday. 9 "errors", 8 of which were "fixed", and the same 9 showing up on a follow-up scan. I assume the MVT version with the code fix hasn't yet been pushed out to the European servers?

Highlighted

and I get the same problem running MVT here in the US.. identifies 9 errors with missing/corrupt COM files but never fixes them.. did this just a couple of minutes ago..

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 14 of 49

I have got a fix?? and 20  of 23 is ok.( but never fixes them..)

Sessions ID: 37267787

And the page "Mitt Nätverk" is white.

Bertil

Message was edited by: Berra5 on 19/01/12 22:33:31 CET
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 49

All, there are still a few scenarios which can cause these COM errors which we are running down and will have resolved as quickly as we can. So while we have resolved the majority of the issue, some of you may still see the problem.

Rest assured we are going to get these resolved. Once everything is confirmed resolved, I'll make sure I post an all clear here.

I apologize for any inconvenience, and assure you we are looking deep into this issue to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

today after update of security center 11.0.654 of 23 errors only indicates three that do not solve on files COM

Forospyware Warrior
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 17 of 49

Hi,

The engineering team is working on these COM errors. Most of them related to the consumer products should be resolved now. We are in the process of updating the content. We should have them live in a couple of hours. Raghavendra from my team will respond to this post once done.

In case any more deviations are noticed, kindly provide the Session ID. Assuring you all that we are doing our best to solve these issues on priority. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Atiq

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 18 of 49

Now I have only 1 problem:

Sessions ID: 37282193

elist.dat is missing,

Bertil

Highlighted

ID de sesión: 37282327.Now everything is ok

Forospyware Warrior
Highlighted

Session ID 37283781 still  identifying 3 COM and 8 Registry errors in Anti-Theft Version 2.0.403. MVT could not fix any of these 11 errors.  MVT appeared to update, so perhaps this is a remaining issue as of yet unfixed?

However, all other COM issues have now disappeared so those earlier issues appear to be fixed and MVT seems to otherwise be working o.k. with the exception of the above errors in Anti-Theft.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community