Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 32

Re: MVT problem--DAT out of date

Jump to solution

You can run MVT by going to the top of this page under Useful Links in the Technical Support area. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and if it finds any it will attempt to fix them. It generates a session id number which you can list here on the forum. It will also prompt you to contact Technical Support Chat who are available 24/7 to help customers fix issues such as yours and is free to use for McAfee customers.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Dadco,

PFA screenshot. Check if either of this icon appears in your pc and click on the highlighted and updates should be initiated.

Thanks

Raghavendra

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 23 of 32

Jump to solution

As I said in my original post, when I run MVT and it spots The DAT being out of date.MVT ALWAYS FIXES IT.

My question is therefore-------- why does it matter that the DAT is out of date. What is the problem.

As I said, if it is wrong, MVT fixes it.

From a puzzled        dadco      should I be worried?

Thank you .

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Here's how it works. When MVT finds a DAT issue and if you have opted to fix, it just triggers the product update, from then it is products action to update the DAT. MVT will not verify whether the issue is fixed after it triggered update. Once the DAT is updated, if run MVT, it will not detect any issue, if not, it shows DAT out-of-date again. This case it is not an issue with MVT.

As i have mentioned earlier try the following:

1. Check the 'About' of the product to get to know the DAT version (it usually shows under VirusScan details).

2. Compare with what MVT says as expected DAT version.

3. If it is equal then ignore, no issues, nothing to worry.

4. If DAT version in 'About' is lesser than 'expected' in MVT, then go to 'M' icon in the taskbar (refer previously attached screenshot) right click and select 'check for updates'. You should see the new arrow icon whirling in the taskbar.

5. After the update is completed, product notification will be shown (something like 'product is up-to-date'). Again performs checks in 1 & 2, It should show same version, if so, done.

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

regards

Raghavendra

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am having a similar problem. I am not getting any dat updates since 6045 on 16 july (vista).  When I activate check for updates it starts fine with the ususal message that it is looking for updates, but instead of getting a download and then an install I always get the message Your files are up-to-date.  And I an still stuck on 6045.   Any ideas?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

hi William,

This is not an MVT issue. The below should be able to help you:

http://community.mcafee.com/community/home/securitycenter

thanks

Raghavendra

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 27 of 32

Jump to solution

Hi Raghavendra

Yes, it would be nice if you could reply to my message dated 19-7-10.

Thank you for all your help.     dadco

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Dadco,

I believe i have answered all your questions (Pasting again below). Please let us know if you need clarification on any point.

Here's how it works. When MVT finds a DAT issue and if you have opted to fix, it just triggers the product update, from then it is products action to update the DAT. MVT will not verify whether the issue is fixed after it triggered update. Once the DAT is updated, if run MVT, it will not detect any issue, if DAT has failed to update, it shows DAT out-of-date again. This case it is not an issue with MVT.

As i have mentioned earlier try the following:

1. Check the 'About' of the product to get to know the DAT version (it usually shows under VirusScan details).

2. Compare with what MVT says as expected DAT version.

3. If it is equal then ignore, no issues, nothing to worry.

4. If DAT version in 'About' is lesser than 'expected' in MVT, then go to 'M' icon in the taskbar (refer previously attached screenshot) right click and select 'check for updates'. You should see the new arrow icon whirling in the taskbar.

5. After the update is completed, product notification will be shown (something like 'product is up-to-date'). Again performs checks in 1 & 2, It should show same version, if so, done.

Thanks

Raghavendra

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 29 of 32

Jump to solution

I am standing down now.

Just a note to say thanks to everybody for all the help.

dadco.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Dadco,

I am not sure what are we missing here. I believe we have answered your question. Please let us know if not and also help us understand where we are not getting.

thanks

Raghavendra

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community