Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skiman
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Issue with device security overview in My Account

Hi, I renewed my licence late last year and decided when my husband and father anitvirus expired that I would buy extra McAfee licences, from the day they were purchase and installed, now when I go to "my account" on the website site is says that for my computer - this device needs to be online to get the latest protection updates. Now when I go to the McAfee security center everything looks ok and up to date. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix. Thanks

10 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Issue with device security overview in My Account

Hi skiman,

Just out of curiosity :

1- Did you by chance allow (your) Anti-Virus Subscription to expire? (In other words, were you umbrellaed under their Subscription) such as a "3-user" account?

2- Have you unintentionally-intentionally "Deactivated" protection on your (Device,ie Computer)?

3- Or possibly turned off your "Auto-Renewal" Settings?

Granted McAfee will inform you normally 60 days before your Subscription is due to expire, and will renew it at "Full Retail price" non-promotional pricing. 30 days before your expiry date. Should it be the case that you had your "Auto Renewal Settings (On).

I ask you these questions because I also experienced the same prompt this year, just before renewing my own subscription for (2) more years. Having said this...only after "Turning off" my Auto Renewal Settings did I see such.

Like you initially I was a bit concerned as well. However all is functioning fine. If you still feel the need to further incquire about such, you can always contact "Customer Service" and get more informed. I might add as well, you may want to accertain that no ( Expired-Old Subscriptions) are present in your "Account History.

Customer Service can easily correct such, and make sure no (Old) subscription is present causing any conflict-issues with your "Current Renewed" protection. Remember, your protection is tied directly to your Account-Name which you provided. Not necesarrily to your computer.

Customer Service can be reached 24/7  1-866-622-3911 ( US)

Hope this somewhat helped,

Kind Regards,

CatDaddy

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 1/31/14 2:13:11 AM CST
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Actually skiman is on the same ISP as me  so the US phone number would be a tad expensive to call. Go to

http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

and follow the prompts to call aussie support

CD of course you were not to know as you do not have my permissions.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Thanks Peacekeeper...That is why I stipulated ( US)  number. Due to not having the capabilities of knowing the Geographical location "Skiman", or anyone may be posting from.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
skiman
Level 7
Message 5 of 11

I called the Australian number and they said eveything looked ok at their end and they make me check a couple of things in the security centre however they could not explain why I was getting that message in the My Account section. I had another look today and the message has changed, so mine (user-pc) has a different message, my husbands laptop has gone from protected to the message that I originally got but my dad's pc is still ok. Any other ideas?

JOHN Protected2/3/2014 8:53 AM2/3/2014 1:26 AM2/9/2014 6:00 PM
PETERS-PC This device needs to be online to get the latest protection updates.
USER-PC Looking for device info? You’ll find it right here—coming soon.
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Peters-PC seems so it says to be off is it? But looking at my account I have 3 Looking for device info and 2 This device needs to be online type message I will ask but I feel it is not a big deal.

When you installed it did you accept sending anonymous data to McAfee this might affect the comment in the account.

What is your product you have installed on each PC. Version number as well

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 4/02/14 7:56:45 AM
skiman
Level 7
Message 7 of 11

I dont think I accepted the send anonymous data thing.

At the time my husbands laptop was off but the message comes up whether its on or off.

I am not sure what product I have, my original McAfee came with my Dell laptop, I just renewed it as is just before it expired and then a few months later I purchased addition licences.

In my security centre it says version 12.8 build 12.8.908

Mcafee antivirus and anti-spyware

personal firewall

anti spam

parental controls

quickclean and shredder

vulnerability scanner

I just check to see if the message have changed again and the actual OVERVIEW tab where i could see the messages just says PC where the overview tab was and then all it says underneath is protection available with McAfee security centre via dell and then you can click on the individual computer tabs as per normal

Its a mystery

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I brought this up in our phone call today as my account shows similiaar. The total protection (I think that is what you have) is upto date though there is a 12.9 version but I think Dell has not upgraded their users to it yet.

All security centres show green do they not I would just wait till i get feedback re my account.

skiman
Level 7
Message 9 of 11

yes they all are green and look to be working, so I guess that is the main thing. Will be interested to see if you find anything else out, thanks

skiman
Level 7
Message 10 of 11

Thanks catdaddy

I had a 1 licence account and I renewed before it expired via the website, I wasnt due for renewal until January but they had a special on so I renewed way before time, a few weeks ago I paid for 2 additional licences and they were installed with no problem. This issue has only just shown up from the day I paid for the 2 new licences.

I dont think I have deactivated it, when i click on the USER PC tab it give me the option to deactivate, but I dont believe i have ever clicked it

I not have auto renewal on, I turned it off along time ago, but in saying that i probably have never gone to the my account page before i got the extra licences so it could have had that message for awhile.

Thanks Peacekeeper I will give that number a call, cheers

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community