cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get help from Tech Support, What do I do?

I continuously get a message saying my computer is not fully protected. I purchased McAfee's Internet Security on April 1, 2010 and I've been having this problem.since than. Does McAfee have tech support? LOL!  I don't know what else to do, I've tried contacting tech support no less than  a half a dozen times but I get an e-mail with a service request number, I've tried paying for help from them and still nothing. Any suggestions on what I can do. I'm thinking of uninstalling my entire McAfee Security System and purchasing another security system from another manufacturer. McAfee support is non existent. I'm definitely contacting Dell, they had the original McAfee Security System already downloaded on my hard drive when I purchased the system.. 

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee tromine
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: I can't get help from Tech Support, What do I do?

Larry - where have you tried to access our Support?  http://service.mcafee.com is the home page for Consumer Support.  There you'll find free Chat (instant messenger) support.  If you've paid for Support, then you should have also received a phone number to call.  If you didn't, or it's misplaced, just contact Customer Service and they'll route you to the right place.

Otherwise, you can spell out your issue in more detail here and chances are people will dive in and help fairly quickly.  Have you run McAfee Virtual Technician?  Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling your software?

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software

Thanks for responding to my post, I've tried everything, I wait for my turn to get help on the Internet chat help line and when it becomes my turn it a message pops up saying my session has ended, it did this 6 times to me today. I have submitted 5 service request in the last 2 days, anyway I try to resolve the problem I get the same email with a service request number, and that's it, never a follow-up. The following is the 5 service request numbers I have received: #583528477, #584006235, #584006449, #584155490,  and #584159916 the latter I paid $9.95 and I also received the following order number, # CS852857549. Nothing seems to work, the only thing it does is take up my valuable time. Time is how I make a living and this is costing me more than I want to be reminded of. I'm going to try to contact customer service one last time and if that doesn't work I'm going to move on and call it a learning experience not to "EVER" purchase anything from McAfee again.

My problem is exactly what I stated before, a message pops up and says that my computer is not fully protected, when I go to the McAfee Security Center and click on fix it, it wants me to purchase the same program I have already purchased on April 1, 2010 order # CS707166004.

If anyone from McAfee reads this post feel free to let me know hoe to fix the problem or send someone who can help.

McAfee Employee tromine
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Larry-

We'll get you taken care of.  I'm passing your message off to our special escalations team.  If they haven't already contacted you, send me a 'private message' with the best time of day you'd like to be contacted, along with your phone number.  Also, put your email address in that message.  Sorry for the delay, pain and frustration.  We'll do our best to make this right.

Aldrin
Level 12
Message 5 of 10

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, kindly reply to my private message in order to proceed further on your issue

Aldrin
Level 12
Message 6 of 10

Hi Larry, I'm still awating for your response. Kindly send me a private message with the requested information. Thanks

McAfee Employee tromine
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Larry - are you opening McAfee Security Center...or are you in fact using the free McAfee utility called McAfee Security Scan Plus?  Here is what McAfee Security Scan Plus looks like.  It's very similar to the paid Security Center interface.  If you look at your 'Programs' list in the start menu of your PC, what do you see listed inside the McAfee folder?

MSS-Plus.jpg

Aldrin
Level 12
Message 8 of 10

Larry, have you got your issue fixed (or) still the same issue. If the issue still persist then please send me a private message, so that we shall get back to you accordingly. Thanks

tenbre1
Level 7
Message 9 of 10

I know your frustration.  I contacted chat for a "fix" for problems with signature updates.  When I tried I received message that the updates would not download or install.  The first contact went through a fix and I was told to restart computer and proceed.  Since this restart all I have is a blue screen with an error message.  I recontacted Macafee and then was told to contact the manufacturer of my computer, as is was a systems problem.  I explained that the problems occured after the "fix".  I believe I have contacted them at least 4x's after contacting the manufacturer.  Each time I recontact Macafee, I go through the same process, but the next to last time, I was told to pay $9.95 and they would resolve the problem.  I paid the $ and after going through the same process of starts and restarts I was told that the request would escalated to a higher level to resolve the problem.  I did some research and found a solution article titled:

Document ID TS100969

Solution Alert:  5958 DAT Update Issue (for home users only)

This article states the very problem I am having and speaks a free CD that can be expressed mailed to me proving a solution.  I recontacted Macafee to get the CD as was told after again starting and restaring in various modes, that the CD would not help.  I expressed, "Then why was the article still appearing?"  I never received a response to that question, but was asked if I wanted the issue escalated to the next level.  I said no!  I received an email this a.m. wanting to know if I wanted the isuues esculated.

I have given up.

Message was edited by: tenbre1 on 11/18/10 8:02:58 AM CST
McAfee Employee tromine
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Tenbre / Aldrin -

I'm escalating this to the Product Management team, as I think we might still be able to help in this matter.  I know blue screens are the worst possible outcome of a Support experience.  We won't leave you hanging.