cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact McAfee? Is this McAfee?

Sorry.....first time here.  I was attempting to e-mail McAfee with a question regarding renewal.  I just kept going in circles an landed here.  So, my McAfee 3 year subscription (that cme with my original purchase from Dell) is going to expire soon...like in Aug.  So, I bought a new McAfee total Protection 2011 for 3 pcs to renew it with.  I would like to just renew my old account rather than setting up a new one.  Can that be done?  I didn't buy the the program from McAfee. 

Thanks to any helpers out there.

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I contact McAfee? Is this McAfee?

Hi,

Yes this is McAfee sort of, we are all volunteers trying to help with the odd McAfee staff person joining in.

I wouldn't use email even if it's an option as that takes forever.

You can call Sales (Customer Service) toll-free antytime between 6am and 6pm Pacific Time.

1-866-622-3911

There is email and online chat support also available by clicking Useful Links above or McAfee Support also above or right-clicking your taskbar McAfee icon and selecting 'Get Help'.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee tromine
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Desertlover,

If you did not renew your subscription through Dell, but purchased it elsewhere, then an uninstall of McAfee, followed by a reinstall is your best bet.  And I would recommend one additional step after uninstalling via add/remove programs, to ensure no product conflicts occur.  Run 'McAfee Product Removal Tool' after uninstalling, to ensure no traces of the previous installation remain.  You can access instructions and tool from this link.  http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Thanks for sticking with McAfee!

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software

Thanks for the help tromine.  It seems that is the best way to go.

Excuse my ignorance for posting this ws the first time I was here.  It's been a year and I had a new hard drive installed and lost all my bookmarks.

This is  a great place!!!

Thanks ever so much,   desertlover