Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daren
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Help Me

K. So I couldn't find a phone number so here I am. When I check for updates there ALWAYS is one. I don't know if one isn't working, or I'm just way behinde, or what.  Not sure why it can't update all at once. Any advice would be geatly appreciated.

Daren

6 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help Me

There is a phone number for Technical Support just click the link under Useful Links at the top of this page and follow the prompts, it will ask you to run the Virtual Technician first and then you'll get options to phone or use online chat.  If email is also offered I would ignore that as it is slower and the other 2 options are available free of charge 24/7.

That said it's difficult to think of a fix when you give no details.   Is your computer totally up to date in ALL aspects, including Internet Explorer, even if you don't use it?   Other processes do use it, McAfee included.

Is your system clock accurate?

What software name and version are you using?

Try running the Virtual technician anyway to see if it finds and fixes errors:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If no help then you have the choice of going straight to Technical Support or you can try uninstalling all McAfee products via Control Panel > Programs and Features (Add or Remove in XP)

Then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot,

Go to your online account and reinstall from there.

If, by any chance you've been running any registry cleaners, stop.  They can cause these symptoms.   Likewise malware could also cause it so check a few tools in the last link in my signature below for some help with that.

daren
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you so much. I would have given more info, but my computer knowledge is limited. 

My computer is up to date as far as I know.

Internet Explorer Version: 9.0.8112.16421

If the system clock is the time in the bottom right, it is accurate.

McAfee Security Center is Version: 12.8

I had the technician installed and ready to go, but deleted the program when it wanted to access so many things to fix the problem. I'll give it another try. Your links are interesting.

thanks again,

Daren

on 3/25/14 7:07:52 PM CDT
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Right-click "Computer" on your desktop or in the Start Menu and select properties, tell me what it says there regarding Windows version and  any applicable service packs.

\ on 27/03/14 2:24:44 EDT PM
daren
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

WindowsInfo.jpg

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Good, that appears to be fine, I just wanted to make sure.    Follow the original post of mine.

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi daren,

Please clarify whether you meant the Vulnerability Scanner Updates by "1 update" or McAfee has updates always when you check it manually ..!

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community