cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Korgman
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 30

Re: Did you look for a Tech Support answer online, or try to fix your problem with the McAfee Virtual Technician? Tell me about your experience.

The Affid is 105 for all three. I will send the Results data to your email. Not sure if it's cool to attach it publicly.

Greg

Re: Did you look for a Tech Support answer online, or try to fix your problem with the McAfee Virtual Technician? Tell me about your experience.

Thank you for sending the files.  I have fixed the issue by adding support for 105.  Please run MVT once again and confirm if products are getting detected. 

Regards.

lakshmi

Korgman
Level 10
Message 13 of 30

Thank you Laksmi, it's working fine now. I feel at ease again.

Greg

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 30

Korgman - glad we could get this taken care of for you.  This is how the Forum is supposed to work! 

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
a_madera
Level 7
Message 15 of 30

I am trying to install my anti-virus onto my father-in-laws computer since I can protect 3 PC's.  I know that he has a virus and when I attempt to download the software the installer crashes and tells me it has to shut down.  I ran MVT and it is showing me that the DNS Cache, Temp Internet files, MCafee cookies, and temp folders have to be cleared.  I click on fix all and everything says it is fixed, but the instant I run the installer again it shuts down and I have the same problems showing up on MVT again...I feel like I'm stuck in the movie Groundhog's day.  HELP.  My session Id was: 23021353.

Thanks.

A_Madera

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 30

A_Madera,

See step 2 in this Knowledge Base article.  Its a tool we run to fully clear any former traces of McAfee product, which sometimes can cause a conflict when trying to install a fresh version onto a PC.  Just run the tool, then try again.  http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
Bugged
Level 7
Message 17 of 30

Hi, I have been  rec. the "Your compiter is not fully protected" message for about two months. Now when I rec. the message and click Fix I rec. the "One or more errors could not be fixed" message.  I clicked (Auto fix) & rec. message that I had two problems. I had Virtual Technician attempt to fix problem and it only fixed one of the two. First problem was Service(s) Not Running (1) & second was DAT "out of date". It shows to have fixed DAT but now I'm left with the Service(s) issue. Most recent Session ID # 2418762.

Please send a reply to my email address if possible.

Thanks. .

Dinz
Level 16
Message 18 of 30

Hi,

Sure, We are here to help you ,

Please open security center and provide me the error message underneath the security center (before clicking fix)

Also let me know what is the operating system you use ?

What type of internet connection ?

Do you have any other security software installed ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

Bugged
Level 7
Message 19 of 30

Dinz, Whats up?

Here is the info. you requested.

The error message we keep seeing says, "Your computer is not fully protected"

Then after clicking on FIX the we get, "One or more errors could not be fixed"

Then after clicking on FIX 4 or 5 times we end up restarting the computer and it will show "Fully Protected"

Note: It seems to give the not fully protected message after we have initiated Ultra Defrag and/or after we recieve a large Pop Up telling us we need to update Yahoo,  (Q. should we go ahead and update or continue to ignore it?)

Our operating system is Windows XP home Edition

Security software installed is; Stinger and Ultra Defrag

Let me know if you need more info. through email if possible.

Thanks  

The_Narc
Level 9
Message 20 of 30

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is the correct place to post my problem but I've already started a discussion and been waiting for help:

http://community.mcafee.com/message/114872

Hope someone has an idea about the suspicious event and the missing files. Right now I was able to come back to McAfee 2009 version thanks to a backup image.

Cheers,

The_Narc

Edited on 2/16/10 9:33:21 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community