cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Run System Scan and No Internet with McAfee Services Running

I am having trouble with my McAfee Antivirus Plus install.

The first issue is that when I boot up Windows 7 64bit, I cannot connect to the internet (wifi or wired) until I have stopped the McAfee Firewall and Proxy services. How do I correct this so I can use these services and still get online?

The second issue is that I cannot run a quick or full system scan. I receive an unexpected error when I click on either of these two options. I have tried running the virtual technician but it comes back and incorrectly states that I do not have any McAfee software yet clearly I do ( i have the M shield icon by my clock).

I have used McAfee products on other PCs but cannot figure out these issues on my Acer 5253.

2 Replies
jaymfe
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot Run System Scan and No Internet with McAfee Services Running

Remove if any other security software like Microsoft Security Essentials/Norton, run MCPR tool , restart the computer in safe mode with networking and re-install McAfee from McAfee account.

on 29/5/11 2:49:38 PM IST

Re: Cannot Run System Scan and No Internet with McAfee Services Running

I see Jay answered same thought re reinstall so excuse the repeat

This might help though only for update issues This

Re second issue and maybe fix the first is to uninstall mecfee and reinstall it. Sometimes the install gets corrupted.

Uninstall via

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

reboot and run Mcpreinstall then reinstall from your account

Lastly if any issue still happening contact a tech via chat option in Technical services link in useful links tab above. they can help further.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 29/05/11 8:26:41 PM