cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

BSOD Win7 x62 Dell NETIO.sys McSvHost.exe

I have been having several BSODs in the last few days the guys over at www.sevenforums.com anylized the reports and have determined that McAfee is to blame. They recommend uninstall, but I have just renewed and I have never had this sort of problem with McAfee before, so I am hoping for a solution.

I have already updated all other drivers and run Memory checks, all that is left is to trash McAfee and I don't want to have to do that.

I am running McAfee SecurityCenter on a Dell Inspiron 1545, 2GB Ram, Windows 7 Home.

This is the Software that came with the laptop.

Here is the thread at www.sevenforums.com:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/174274-bsod-win7-x62-dell-sleep-mode.html#post1487780

Also I am attaching the BSOD info.

Please have a solution.

Scott

8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: BSOD Win7 x62 Dell NETIO.sys McSvHost.exe

Sounds very much like the issue Mcafee has with older atheros wlan drivers

Please check the following ;

1. Right-click Computer.
  2. Click Manage.
  3. In the left panel, click Device Manager.
  4. Expand Network Adapters.
  5. Right-click the Atheros network adaptor.
  6. Click Properties.
  7. Click the Driver tab.
  8. Let us know what is the version for the WLAN Atheros driver versions .

Has to be 239 or newer

Also when is this happening?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 13/07/11 7:33:18 PM
Highlighted

Unfortunately I do not have an Atheros Network Adapter.

I have the following listed under Adapters:

Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card

Driver date: 7/7/2009

Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

Driver date: 5/20/2009

Vodafone MObile Broadband Network Adapter (ZTE)

Driver date: 4/27/2011

Any issues with these?

The BSODs have occured 9 times in the last month. But 7 in the last week. There were a couple other possible causes, but I have rectified those (i.e. new drivers), but the one that is apparently linked to McAfee happened after these changes.

At first they only seemed to occur when in sleep mode, but yesterday it happened twice while working.

It also seemed that utorrent was running at the time of at most if not all crashes. I am currently not running it just to see.

But it as well as just about everything else has been running just fine for months. I must assume a program update on either McAfee or another vendor has triggered the issue.

Last night I installed all applicable updates from Dell for this model. And today it has not occured yet.

Scott

Highlighted

Ok just monitor it and we shall see if it happens again. I notice on My desktop scanning while utorrent downloading causes some issues but have not seen a BSOD in at least 10 months and that was on 2010 version. Were any of last night's Dell updates concerning the wlan driver? My checking seems to confirm that dat you have is the latest.

Was scan running? it would be nice if you can notice what was happening when it occurred. Also does the event viewer show any error at the time of BSOD?

All that said does this help?

i have fixed the problem with your help, it was due to HP not updating my Netio driver...

User account control was blocking it and i just had to manually click on HP Updates and run under administrator.

It was an easier fix than we expected, thanks again Ex_Brit happy

https://community.mcafee.com/message/62350#62350

poster had a bsod as well

Highlighted

First of all, thanks for the quick responses.

Yes, one of the updates was the wlan driver, so maybe that's good, 'eh?

As for the event log, there were a number of errors listed and there was also an error within seconds of each of the BSODs.

Here is the details of the last one:

-System

-Provider

[ Name] VmbService

-EventID0

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level2

Task0

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-07-12T16:07:44.000000000Z

EventRecordID32926

ChannelApplication

ComputerFreedlun-PC

Security
-EventData

conflictManagerTypeValue

I'll double-check that I have the latest Netio driver.

And at leaast for the last couple of BSODs, there was no scan running.

Thanks again!

Scott

Highlighted

You use vodaphone?

Highlighted

For a few months now. I am working in East Africa until Sept. It is the cheapest internet here. Unlimited 3G(-ish) for $20/month.

Highlighted

That was the last error mentioned ie the 1 above the vmbservice 1. I would check the updating of Netio.

Highlighted

I am working on getting an update for Voda, the first one would not finish the install.

But I just had another BSOD and as I thought it was just 10 minutes after starting Utorrent. I have been downloading with itunes and other software for a few days not without issue. Is the something in McAffee that would be conflicting with utorrent? It has full permissions in Mcafee Firewall.

Also, is the a specific Netio driver to update or is that just default for any network adapter?

Thanks.

UPDATE:

ANother BSOD, but only after starting uTorrent. I understand that there may be some kind of connection to the Vodacom Internet that I am using and NETIO.sys. BUt could you please claify if there is a specific file named "NETIO.sys" that I need to update, or is that update when I update my Network drivers?

The install from Voda did not work and still unable to get another driver.

Why would this suddenly start causing BSODs after months of working fine?

Is a mcAfee update possibly the trigger?

Please, more info....

Scott

Message was edited by: freedlun on 7/18/11 11:03:33 AM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community