cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crobinson95
Level 7

updated issues

I am having issues with updating the program.

I have installed Internet security 2009 from a box on my pc running XP. I only have dial up and it is slow 26.4. I tried to download from the site instead of the cd but it took too long to download and the isp keep cutting me off plus the download failed.

After installing from the cd the program started to update. It updated several things then is says it is downloading an update for virusscan. The download never finishes and everytime I shut the internet down it restarts from 0% the next time. I have tried leaving the internet on over night and it never completes the download before the isp kicks me off. Any suggestions on what I can do to solve the problem and get everything updated?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
19 Replies
BalaSGS
Level 7

RE: updated issues

If your internet connection is sluggish then definitely you will have issues with either McAfee's installation or updates. But still you can try downloading this file http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MSCPRXFIX.exe

Save this file to the desktop, run it and reboot the computer. Try updating the programs again, if it fails again then you will have to find some other network connection only.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

According to our conference call today this should not be happening. The download manager should resume from where it has left off if the connection is broken temporarily. It appears that this is a Windows caching issue rather than a fault at McAfee's end.
0 Kudos
crobinson95
Level 7

I tried running that program but no luck. I know I never had this problem with 2008 - so hopefully if it is Microsoft or whom ever's problem they get it solved soon. I tried re running the install from the net and it says on it that it will start where it stopped but it goes back to around 2000k no matter how much has down loaded.

Is there any way I can download it at work where I have high speed and take it home to install?
0 Kudos
BalaSGS
Level 7

You can download the Mcafee products in different internet connection.
Click on the below link and follow the screen shot instructions to install the Mcafee products.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100342&lang=en_US&prior_tid=4&AnswerID=16777216
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

To clarify, you can't download to a different machine and then transfer them. They are programs like any other so must be installed on the machine they are meant for. The same goes for the updates.
0 Kudos
crobinson95
Level 7

So it sounds like basically I'm stuck unless I get a faster internet connection or until someone fixes the problem.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Have you tried speaking to Tech. Support Chat directly?
0 Kudos
crobinson95
Level 7

I tried to get through on my computer at home but the internet connection was slow and it failed to work. Short of trying to connect to the chat while at work I'm not sure if it will work, and with out being on the computer in question I may not be able to fully utilize the help, but I will try again tonight.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Also, if you bought this retail within the last 30 days there is free phone support: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=226996

Good luck.
0 Kudos