cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

software internet secruity 3 user subscription from mcafee

can someone help me please?

i have requested help support via online to mcafee technical support - after i bought the software internet security 3 user subscription - but no one have ever  answer my question or contact me at all!

i have just bought the above software and tried to install on my laptop and tried many times to set up and install the file. but without success.

can somebody help me asap please? where can i get help?

thanks.

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: software internet secruity 3 user subscription from mcafee

Moved from Business to Home > SecurityCenter for better attention.

What type of laptop is it and what operating system and service pack (if applicable) is installed and, if you had other protection installed, did you use their removal tool?

Highlighted

BTW you say you requested support, how was that, by email, phone or online chat and if so have they contacted you at all?

Highlighted

sent them online request via filling a form, received their reply said they will contact me - but they never have contact me at all.

Highlighted

toshiba window 7, used to have a on trail subscription with mcafee but expired. 

when i tried to installed and run the mcafee check again, the box said my pc is at risk and there is no web protection and urged me to buy the mcafee product again.

i have found it very unhelpful with the online support as took me ages to try to find where can i get help online and still unsuccesful.

Highlighted

I hope it was the right Technical Support as you had originally posted in Enterprise and their support is different.  Yours is HERE and the best method of communication is by online chat or by phone.   That said often they get tied up with a case and miss the callback deadline.  Try contacting them again.

You've partially answered my questions.   Is this Windows 7 SP1 - you can tell by right-clicking the "Computer" item on your desktop or in the Start Menu and then selecting Properties.

Also please check, even if you don't use it, that Internet Explorer is version 10 - open it and click Help/About.   McAfee uses IE for display and functions.

If not then you need to update.

You say you had a trial subscription.  Go to Control Panel > Progframs and uninstall everything 'McAfee'.

Then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.

Now try your installation again from the online account.

Highlighted

thx for info and advice

but not sure what my pc is, only know its home preimum window 7 from toshiba 2009 year

dont think internet explorer is version 10 on my pc

Highlighted

I already told you how to look up that information, I need to know what it is.  If you haven't got the machine up to date that could be a large part of the problem.

I think perhaps it's best you phone Technical Support tomorrow and that way they can directly troubleshoot it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community