No change patch is in pipeline but I assume QA testing. As I said it will not be soon ie withing a week or 2.
I will update when I hear anything sorry
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, as informed earlier we are still expecting a date for the patch to be released . And the reason for the long delay is that the solution needs to be tested under multiple research environments so as to fetch good results . Please be informed that we are closely monitoring this issue and I shall update you back when its to be released.
I've had the same problems - this latest release has crushed my home network file transfer rates, killing backups and such. I'd typically see 9MB/sec + and the latest McAfee release took that down so sub 100K/sec. Got to the point where I uninstalled TP 2010 altogether.
I've been watching this thread for a little while, anxiously awaiting this magical target date that has been promised for over a month, yet never comes...
I'm growing tired of having pc's with no protection (yet having paid for that protection).
Chatted with tech support the other night. Like a few others have stated, they acted as if this was some random occurrence and nothing is in the works at all.
Is this going to happen? WHEN? Or are we just waiting for Total Protection 2011?Message was edited by: DaddyMac on 4/12/10 10:24:40 AM CDT
At the very least, we should be given an extension to our subscriptions to cover the period that we have been without protection. My subscription is due for renewal on May 1st. McAfee had better have sorted this out by then if they want any more money out of me.
Mine was due last Thursday.
No way in Hades I'm renewing til I get something that works.
Checking into alternatives. But the bummer on this is my wife's new laptop comes with a 15 month subscription to Mcafee and still has about a year to go. Hate the idea of buying something (again) or having two different services on my network.
, u can try Microsoft Security Essentials first. its free! can get it from Microsoft website. till McAfee have fix the above problem then u can install back total protection 10.
or u can disable your onboard NIC and hook up a spare PCI NIC card for your pc to your network .
or you can change the settings on the nic that will work.
They have a fix but it will not be in the next patch to be released progressively from tomorrow. It will come a while later sorry, we are not happy wrt this timing as well.Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 14/04/10 6:41:06 AM