Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phaeton
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: security center 10 wont install

and finally, mcpr still fails.

also, antimalwarebytes seems to be jammed on the system, control panel wont remove it, it wont work itsself and wont allow me to manually delete it.

Dinz
Not applicable
Message 12 of 15

Hi phaeton,

Try creating a new user profile with administrative right and try to run the latest version of MCPR from here and try installing .

May I know how old is the computer  ? Since the updates fail to complete , is there any malware infections in the computer ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

phaeton
Not applicable
Message 13 of 15

the comp is about 6 or 7 months old

there might be malware on the comp i'm not sure, superantispyware found two tracking cookies and eset online scan found a .mov player download but thats all so far.

also, my user account is already an administrator account, or should i create another anyway?

Message was edited by: phaeton on 24/02/10 11:53:54 CST
Dinz
Not applicable
Message 14 of 15

Yes, try creating a fresh user accoutn profile and try installing .

Before installing mcafee please make sure that you dont have any other security software in control panel or C:/program files or common files.

If you still receive the error , please provide us with a screen shot as requested previoulsy

Regards,

Dinesh K

phaeton
Not applicable
Message 15 of 15

ok i created a new user admin account and ran mcpr from the link you gave, it failed, then i ran it again using the right click 'run as administrator' command, it also failed.

it might be worth mentioning that there was already another user account on the system that is a standard account.

heres a screen of the result, how you can see it ok.

mcafee error.jpg

Message was edited by: phaeton on 03/03/10 19:20:18 CST